FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Frihost server banned by aol mail because it spams?????





pacslim
Frihost server banned by aol mail because it spams?????

Yes Bondings ,or whoever reads this and knows how to fix it, last days i was getting emails back that suppose to be sended to my site members, from my site on the frihost server but they all bounce back and i get this error with em:

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mailin-03.mx.aol.com [64.12.138.120]: 554- (RTR:BL) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rtrbl.html
554- AOL does not accept e-mail transactions from IP addresses which
554- generate complaints or transmit unsolicited bulk e-mail.
554 Connecting IP: 216.32.68.250

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <pacslim@host.frihost.net>

_______________________________________________________



After i clicked the error link aol provided i saw its a error code they use when they think the mail from that server (frihost in this case) is spamming ?????


It said to contact the admin or support of the host of me thats u here so why do they think this? I never spammed so didnt my site or my members or is is someone else on this shared server, whats the problem plz help me asap ! thnzx allready ! Wink

ps: sum members also dont get the mail and they are on hotmail accounts whats going on ?? Confused
Aelita
Are you sending straight from the site or from your computer. (not the email address, I need to know where the message is generated. Is it your forums or some mailing list that you have on the site. Or do you type someting up and send from your comp using the email address from the server?
pacslim
the message is generated by my forum to its members so by the frihost server where my site is on ! Wink Arrow
n0obie4life
We just banned a person who was mass-mail spamming paypal scams.

Maybe AOL blocked FRIHost because of that, Bondings would have to talk to them.
Bockman
We have severall members who have mailing lists. if one of those mailing lists doesn't have unsubscribe on it and was reported, it may have been banned. we'll try and find out what happened.

Be Well Cool
n0obie4life
http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12034

I meant that.
Bondings
I can now confirm that it was almost certainly because of that spammer.

Those companies are apparantly reacting a bit late, days after the spamming is gone. They should have done it with the first scam mail. Wink

Anyway, I'll keep you updated about this.
pacslim
Bondings wrote:
I can now confirm that it was almost certainly because of that spammer.

Those companies are apparantly reacting a bit late, days after the spamming is gone. They should have done it with the first scam mail. Wink

Anyway, I'll keep you updated about this.

u know which companies ? because the problems i had was at first with aol but i think the mail service of hotmail too sees it as spam and also yahoo!
but i trust you bondings, you never let us down, and gues your working hard on it to get it fixed asap and like u said keep us updated so keep it up Bondings ! Wink Arrow pz and greeting from pacslim 1 luv


ALSO I ADDED THIS SO IM NOT DOUBLE POSTING:

tomorrow I go on a week vacation just so u know bondings i aint online for a week, see ya'll till after my lil vacation ! Wink Arrow
Bondings
pacslim wrote:
u know which companies ? because the problems i had was at first with aol but i think the mail service of hotmail too sees it as spam and also yahoo!
but i trust you bondings, you never let us down, and gues your working hard on it to get it fixed asap and like u said keep us updated so keep it up Bondings ! Wink Arrow pz and greeting from pacslim 1 luv

Update: there were people signing up and confirming their emails with a hotmail and yahoo address.

I haven't seen any bounced emails since yesterday from aol. I also didn't get a response from them about this issue.
pacslim
well thanks for the update and by me the problem still excist hope it gets solved its not fair from aol i know u treid all u could bondings also im back from a lil week of hard earned vacation see ya in my next post or in a reply ! pz Wink Arrow
Daniel15
This could be related to the problems people are having with their DirectAdmin accounts, whereby they don't actually receive the email containing their password.
pacslim
daniel15 wrote:
This could be related to the problems people are having with their DirectAdmin accounts, whereby they don't actually receive the email containing their password.


I think so 2 i still get all mail back bounced by aol if my forum automatic send emails to my members with an email account on aol this is bad for now i changed the register settings so they dont have to confirm with there email adres ! Hope this get solved sooon, Rolling Eyes Arrow
Bondings
It shouldn't have anything to do with the directadmin welcome emails not arriving. The servers have a different ip-address and all other mail from the second server does arrive like it should.

About aol, I'll try to remove us from their spam list, but it will take quite some time because I have never done such a thing before.
pacslim
Bondings wrote:
It shouldn't have anything to do with the directadmin welcome emails not arriving. The servers have a different ip-address and all other mail from the second server does arrive like it should.

About aol, I'll try to remove us from their spam list, but it will take quite some time because I have never done such a thing before.


Ok thankz bondings keep us updated and i know u do more then ur best keep it up and keep ur head up 1 luv !
Related topics
Time zone of the frihost server
SMTP Errors
Frihost server (1) still banned by aol (mail) as spam ?
Frihost server status checker
Server Mail Blocked By Comcast
Notification to FriHost about Email
SMTP Server
frihost-server-test.gif
Can i upload any types of file to 'Frihost' server?
Use of Server Side Includes on frihost
MAIL server PROBLEM:
My E-mail Has Never Worked.
Can My GoDaddy URL Point To the FriHost Server
Mail Form Suddenly not working..
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.