FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Why do girls always do this?





artguy
Okay, so I meet a girl and go out a few times. Then, for whatever reason, she stops responding to emails and phone calls. Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out that she's not interested in me. But I think that it's pretty damn rude of her to just ignore me like that. And ALL women do this. I have never been actually "rejected" where a woman actually told me she was not interested or didn't want to continue talking or whatever. They always do it by ignoring my emails and phone calls. Okay, it's their right not to like me. After all, I'm no Prince Charming. BUT, the least they could do is have the tact to say "We're not a match" or "It's not gonna work out" or something like that, because ignoring someone is just plain rude.

In case you respond with "Deal with it, just move on." Uhh, yes I do deal with it, and I do move on. I'm just curious why they choose to ignore guys instead of verbally rejecting them. Why are all women so damn rude?
earthchild
artguy wrote:
Why are all women so damn rude?


seems like your attitude is the problem.

people attract what they put out - not to be rude (ironically) but you don't exactly seem like Mr. Manners yourself

in any case, good luck. I hope someone can help prove you wrong (as in you like her and don't think she is rude).

Peace.
Shade of Blue
earthchild wrote:
artguy wrote:
Why are all women so damn rude?


seems like your attitude is the problem.

people attract what they put out - no offense but you don't exactly seem like Mr. Manners yourself


While not all women are "so damn rude", I agree with artguy in that women should actually reject you rather than just ignoring you. Unless their intent is to just make you feel like shit.
nik
make her try to get to you. and if she wont' there is more woman in earth then man so...
Shade of Blue
nik wrote:
make her try to get to you. and if she wont' there is more woman in earth then man so...


That was neither relevant nor in English.
earthchild
I'm not even sure that maybe they think telling you to your face is rude, and they are trying to do the uninsulting thing by hinting through their action (or inaction in this case)...

(It's hard to tell - everybody is different)
Nameless
All generalisations are bad.

So, say there are 2 billion adult women in the world. How many of those have you dated, and been utterly ignored by afterwards?
LostOverThere
To be honest, I think you have bad luck, thats it.

Or they just want to go out with someone because of looks...
Lokine
Yes, it sucks when women do that, but seriously, move on from it. There are plenty of other women who won't do that. It sounds to me like you're in high school by your situation, so I'll tell you that you will have many more opportunities to meet women who won't "ignore" you.
sibbahz
I had experiences of girls being like this and eventually just saying it would be better if we were just mates but not all are like that
planet
Hi,

I understand your frustration (as in been there n done that) but be also aware of the fact that guys do the same the other way around.
Isn't it more a matter of attitude both ways? There seem to be much urgency and haste to "score" and get on with the next, somethins wich doesn't seem to be sex related.
In my experience (and I have to confess that I'm "ageimpaired) if the connection is made (by both parties wanting to) there is room for growth.

javascript:emoticon('Cool')
Cool
psycosquirrel
I've never had this problem because I always end up breaking up with my girlfriend, not her breaking up with me...
dan751
From what I can tell, I have to agree with earthchild, your attitude could quite possibly be the reason. I used to have a girl-friend, and she broke it off with me, I moved on, but she told me, she didn't simply ignore me, rather, she told me. So, not all women ignore men if they're not interested.
thestyles
Girls are strange characters that just have to do things sometimes. Haven't you ever been to a movie with a few girls, they all go to the toilet together. They really are funny people.
fireyemtgirl
Quote:
I have never been actually "rejected" where a woman actually told me she was not interested or didn't want to continue talking or whatever. They always do it by ignoring my emails and phone calls. Okay, it's their right not to like me. After all, I'm no Prince Charming. BUT, the least they could do is have the tact to say "We're not a match" or "It's not gonna work out" or something like that, because ignoring someone is just plain rude.


It is the easy way out. It's a lot easier for someone to ignore it than to gather the nerve to say, "Hey, I don't really feel a connection, let's just stay friends". It is EASIER to be rude. Guys do it too. But the thing about many women is that they don't like hurting other's feelings, so they think this is an easier way to go about the situation. Which is false...
ChunkyBustout
In my opinion, I find it's a matter of immaturity and learned behavior in people of all ages. If you have a woman that knows how to communicate well and she doesn't have a problem with telling you what's on her mind, more than likely the people she associates with be of like mind. On the other hand, if you have a woman that doesn't communicate well, she will probably just leave you hanging for fear of confrontation and most of her friends are probably the same way. (like birds of a feather flock together).

This is just another generalization but it's been what I have observed in my experience (and I'm in my thirties). It's served me well and I know very quickly who is sincerely interested and who is just messing around.

Something I've learned to do when seeing someone new is calling them and waiting for them to call me. It's like taking turns calling each other. When the phone calls stop, I, for the most part, have an idea of how much she's interested in me. At that point I can either step up my pursuit of her or let her go. If she's interested, you'll know for sure. Also, never assume anything. If you don't talk about something you want to know, you will probably be wrong in your assumptions. People are very different so just because you see something in someone you're dating doesn't mean it's the same thing you saw in a former girlfriend. Miscommunication is a major problem with dating. If you don't know, ask. Don't assume.

This may seem like I've gotten off-topic but you'll see the relevance in time. Hope this helps.
budazz
i dont wanna know it...what is your point?...
fishol
That's bad!I do not know what can I do.
RosenCruz
she dþdnt like you mman..may be thats the problem hah ???
greekcovers
Women are strange like "PEOPLE ARE STRANGE" by DOORS.I cant understand these women think like this.
KungFuChris
budazz wrote:
i dont wanna know it...what is your point?...


I didn't want to know that you don't want to know it... what is your point? Razz

As for the girls... cheer up! At least you're getting a couple of weeks. Most of the girls I know start ignoring me right from the get go. Very Happy
lycadia
I realize that I don't know you and that you are probably very annoyed when you post on this topic, but truthfully... Well, you seem like the sort of person who would become upset if a girl did try to be forthright with you in breaking up.

It's probably always easier to just passively not respond to emails or phone messages then to tell someone that you don't want to socialize with them again. And, in fact, for some people that sort of gradual "losing touch" is less painful then being told that it's over and why. They can assume it's not thier fault or that it's not about them, it's something else. No one actually likes to be read the list of "reasons I won't go out with you," do they? I know I don't enjoy being told what my alleged flaws, faults and imperfections are.

You see, you are perceiving the tendancy to not voice unpleasant facts as rudeness on the part of your dates. They may be considering it more polite to avoid saying anything rather then saying something that might hurt your feelings. That seems to me to be the most likely possibility.

But if, on top of that, a girl suspects you're going to rant about how badly you're being treated and how "all girls" do this or that, then why should she subject herself to your dramatics?

I honestly hope and believe that if you make an effort to listen and try to gage how the girls you date are reacting to you, you might have a better idea of how well things are going and how to make them go better. Failing that, you could always try being honest and upfront and explaining that if she's unhappy about something, you'd rather she tell you than just keep it to herself. Preferably before you sense that anything is really wrong. I can't promise it will work, but it is more productive than just assuming that that is how you will always be treated. I trust that if nothing else, this might help you rethink how you feel about what's happened. It is certianly meant to be helpful not cruel.

I hope things work out better for you in the future. Dating can be complicated and communication is the hardest part of any relationship.
SgtGarcia
She doesn't have the guts to tell you anything, so she just ignores you. That's her weak point. You shouldn't blame yourself
blu3bird
mayb she thought , telling u straight in the face was rude .. so she choose to keep quiet bout it ... anyway man r frm mars, woman frm venus ... she might think tat tats the best way to handle it .. while we guys felt tat telling us is a better solution. i dunnoe... i m a .... see sig
ankhezar
they are afraid... fear is the main factor why people dont do some things that are meant to be done by logic.
makiyo
u r so selfish
what we decide in our mind is up to us Exclamation
someidiot88
hey dude dont feel so bad it happens to everyone who has more than one girlfriend( i dont mean at the same time)
my first 2 where the exact same way and i never forgave them but i ended going out with one of them again anyways =P
blackant
hmm...i thought that was being friendly? Razz
She don't want to hurt you right in the face.
yzy
Just your personal opinion.Maybe some people will do like that,but not all.
abhinav
well it depends person to person.

see you might be lacking somewhere.
johnabraham
i hate it when women do that as well...though so far, it has never been that bad, if i dont get a along with a girl, with talk it out and mutually agree its not going to work out...though if a girl or even a guy just stops contacting u, its a pretty weak of them to do that.
thiamshui
Playing hard-to-get? So that you will treasure her more? Hmmm...
windval
i do not know
i cannot understand too
breathless-whisper
Well, all i can say is that not all women are like that. Now, that's a fact. But i agree about what you said. Ignoring your e-mails and calls are not acceptable. But you know, alot of us could be stupid and immature sometimes. I mean, we're not all perfect, right? Anyway, don't worry about those girls because they're not worth your time. Just take it easy and your woman will come. Not soon, but she will.
SNES350
I can't really comment on the post, but I did hear kind of a relevant quote:

People tend to become like the worst they see in others.

Remember that those things happened to you and do NOT end up doing the same to others later.
willywonka
Either taht or they just don't like you because you have some problems with attitude or something.
budazz
KungFuChris wrote:
budazz wrote:
i dont wanna know it...what is your point?...


I didn't want to know that you don't want to know it... what is your point? Razz

As for the girls... cheer up! At least you're getting a couple of weeks. Most of the girls I know start ignoring me right from the get go. Very Happy


what are talkin about?...are you talking to your self?...
Shirish
ya friends

it happens alot to ppl with diminished attitude

just unleash ur creative energy and jump into it


u will definitely come out with good ideas


better go to some dating site or personal counseller

its better to learn being alone
or just dont repent if ur one becz thats what u r
dogrose
I think it's a habbit.
For they meet too many men and got the habbit!you know ,the power of habbit is amazing!
We just have the same habbit for the memory is more important!
cavbela
Have u heard anything about Turkish girls!. They make us cry case of their coquetry. But we generally like them. Also we can like Russian girls Laughing
willywonka
Uh... I think this topic is getting a little old people are going off topic and some people are talking about the diffrent kind of girls and its getting kinda wierd if you ask me.
billybob
i think you just asked a question about girls Shocked

the answer will never be known! Wink
LeviticusMky
Here's what we all need to realize:

We are all human first.

Condemning women for being flaky or whatnot is really an indictment on the human condition. Our gender only plays a role in our personality as far as our culture forces it one us, and it pays to realize that us men are just as bad.

It's easy to say that women are crazy, or that men are pigs, women do it all the time. I can't tell you how many time I've had a female friend swear off men to me, saying that "they" are all worthless.

So yeah, we are all human, and the only effective way to deal with people is on a case by case basis.
bcnhs81
ummm.. sometime its very hard 2 understand girls... especially their mood swings.. well i guess that's just normal.. maybe you have done something that made her do that thing.. better examine yourself first.. yeah.. that's the normal approach of a girl.. full of surprises
bcnhs81
ummm.. sometime its very hard 2 understand girls... especially their mood swings.. well i guess that's just normal.. maybe you have done something that made her do that thing.. better examine yourself first.. yeah.. that's the normal approach of a girl.. full of surprises
frozenhead
artguy wrote:
Then, for whatever reason, she stops responding to emails and phone calls. Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out that she's not interested in me. But I think that it's pretty damn rude of her to just ignore me like that.


I think you're really upset while writing these words. Well, It seems you are really interested with that girl if you are pissed with that only reason.. "not responding?". I'll tell you, it takes a more than to be a guy to really understand women. BUT, first things most, have you send an email or drop a message in the her phone's voicebox why she's ignoring you? Because if not, then you're wasting thoughts why she have do to that. So if you'd tell her why she is ignoring you and she do still rather she'll continue ignoring you. Forget it dude!. At least you give it a try.

artguy wrote:

I have never been actually "rejected" where a woman actually told me she was not interested or didn't want to continue talking or whatever.


Well, I think this is the reason why you're really upset... like that.Maybe she's not the girl you expect to be.

artguy wrote:
BUT, the least they could do is have the tact to say "We're not a match" or "It's not gonna work out" or something like that, because ignoring someone is just plain rude.


Women often times are tactless in some acts they do and yeah, ignoring someone is just a plain rude. Well, Isn't it also means that she's not interested in you? As simple as that. Move on dude! There's a lot of other girls that would fit for you.

artguy wrote:

And ALL women do this


I beg to disagree. Actually, I have more girl-friends than guy-friends and I would say they are the sweetess species in the world. What I mean to say, it takes time to know who women are. Wink
______________________
izimngcubes15
woman were hard to explain, because they have different feelings and emotions very often. One time they can be happy and next five minutes they can be angry. It's just them. If they ignore you, don't worry about it, it's either they are too afraid to tell the truth or they just can't stand it.
xorcist
I think they do it because they just dont think your Interesting I see my Cousin do it all the time to people she just hangs up when she see's there number or tells me to pick and and tell them that she dont have this number anymore. Not all girls do it I think some girls do it not to hurt your feelings.
windrei
artguy wrote:
Okay, so I meet a girl and go out a few times. Then, for whatever reason, she stops responding to emails and phone calls. Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out that she's not interested in me. But I think that it's pretty damn rude of her to just ignore me like that. And ALL women do this. I have never been actually "rejected" where a woman actually told me she was not interested or didn't want to continue talking or whatever. They always do it by ignoring my emails and phone calls. Okay, it's their right not to like me. After all, I'm no Prince Charming. BUT, the least they could do is have the tact to say "We're not a match" or "It's not gonna work out" or something like that, because ignoring someone is just plain rude.

In case you respond with "Deal with it, just move on." Uhh, yes I do deal with it, and I do move on. I'm just curious why they choose to ignore guys instead of verbally rejecting them. Why are all women so damn rude?


i think you are not in a good attitude too... ...

you are somehow similar to me in charcters that you want a clear declaration no matter it's good or not. And you want everyone to be frank to you. But the world is not in this way. Sometimes, it's difficult for a woman to say such things to you. She is considering your feelings, "oh, he may get hurt if i tell him in such a direct way." So she chose to escape from the problems. i do not like people esaping from a problem too. However, if you view the whole case from her side, you will get the reason.

so please consider other people's feeling too.
Related topics
Favourite Staratagy Game.
Did you guys know about this?
Dragon Ball Z
Need Advice on a girl (interesting thread)
Why is it always the guys asking the girls?
my artwork...
So...
Long Distance Relationship
Life Deals You Full Blows
Why girls always loud and angry?
How to get your boyfriend to act more mature?
none
Are boys always wrong?
Rihanna - Jump
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.