FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Confused about domain competitions

pirate
Hey i see that people are able to win domain competitions and get a godaddy coupon but how when the competitions never change???

lol need a domain for my new site i just made
adri
You'll have to wait until Bondings (the Site Admin) creates a new competition. How long will it/that take? No one can tell... You can however be active on the forums to earn some coins in the meantime and you can offer your services or "sell" something for coins in the Marketplace.

adri
Bondings
I'll create one (or two) for July. I'll give it about a month for writing the posts considering the last few times people asked for more time.
pirate
okay well thanks for the information, how many coins is it for a domain??
saratdear
pirate wrote:
okay well thanks for the information, how many coins is it for a domain??

350 coins for a domain name.
GoldenEagle
Pirate,

If you have a site in mind, it's probably a good idea to start hosting it with Frihost if you haven't done so already. If your idea seems promising and you contribute enough, I'm sure people would be willing to contribute to your cause of getting a domain. I'd love to pay forward all of the help I got.

With the help on here, I launched my site from Frihost support to .com domain in about 2.5 weeks. Smile

PS. Thanks for joining my forum!
aryan_zion
Good day to all.
i registered today. I have been going through the various posts in here. So, is it like, I can post and earn points and coins and once i have 350 coins, i can request for a domain name of my choice and host my site under that domain name. Please guide me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance.
sonam
aryan_zion wrote:
Good day to all.
i registered today. I have been going through the various posts in here. So, is it like, I can post and earn points and coins and once i have 350 coins, i can request for a domain name of my choice and host my site under that domain name. Please guide me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance.

Right, ones you are reach 350 coins you can request top level domain for your site. You will start to gain coins ones you are over 45 points. Read more here:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-122928.html

Of course the other way is win in contest. But in this moment no contests.

Sonam
ocalhoun
aryan_zion wrote:
Good day to all.
So, is it like, I can post and earn points and coins and once i have 350 coins, i can request for a domain name of my choice and host my site under that domain name.

350 coins can be exchanged for a gift certificate to godaddy domains; enough to register a top level domain. -- That domain can be used for your frihost hosting, but it doesn't have to be; you can use it however you want.

Getting enough points/posts for free hosting and a xxxx.frih.net* domain is much easier though, and coins are not required for that.

*or .frih.org, or .frihost.com, et cetera... I don't know which one is being issued right now; it depends on which server your account is created on.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I'll create one (or two) for July. I'll give it about a month for writing the posts considering the last few times people asked for more time.
I'm just wondering. What happened with the last Does it Work Competition? As far as I know it got to the stage of asking people for their opinions, and then nothing happened after that.