FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Convert m4p to mp3?

Prodigeeman
Hey guys

Is there any tool out there for FREE that will let me just do this simple file conversion? I've been looking on google for so long and all the programs I've found only have free trials that once I've installed it, will only let me convert the first minute of each song.

I already know m4p files are purchased iTunes music, with DRM attached. I just want to find a way to get rid of the DRM for free, it doesn't even have to be able to convert to mp3.
ogah
try winamp, mayby able to convert m4p file
gverutes
there is a similar posting i asked about this in the music forum. just do a search. a lot of good answers.
mahirh
take a good audio recorder (audacity) then enable stereo mix then record stereo mix from that recorder while the music is played you can also use a double ended audio jack cable ( 3.5mm 2 male pin audio stereo plug). if stereo mix was disabled on the hardware level for you
liljp617
DVDVideoSoft perhaps
Bikerman
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-to-MP3-Converter.htm
Error667
here's a tutorial : http://www.ehow.com/how_6611022_convert-m4p-mp3-online.html

Very Happy
Prodigeeman
@ogah
Hm. Winamp says that they can import your whole iTunes library, so I guess they must have that file support. Unless there are a bunch of unhappy Winamp customers out there that didn't get their whole library converted. Nonetheless, looks cool! Thanks.

@mahirh
Wow. Might try that too, just the only thing is I don't really want to listen to half of my library... Seems tedious.

@liljp617
@Bikerman
I've already tried and downloaded DVDVideoSoft, they can't remove DRM...

@Error667
I never knew iTunes could do that for me. Why would they put DRM on a file that they sold to me, then in their own software include the procedure for getting rid of it?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Should be able to do this one way or another without paying for it or being too tedious...