FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Feel sleepy always

shivaghimire
Now a days, I am feeling sleepy each and every time. I got health check up and my health is normal. Why is so? I feel my mind dull, sleepy and feel laziness. I there any cure for that? please give me suggestions.
deanhills
shivaghimire wrote:
Now a days, I am feeling sleepy each and every time. I got health check up and my health is normal. Why is so? I feel my mind dull, sleepy and feel laziness. I there any cure for that? please give me suggestions.
If there are no real medical problems, I'd say diet and exercise are usually good for becoming much more alert. Diet with plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit, as well as protein. If you get plenty of exercise in the outdoors, preferably of the variety you really enjoy and have fun with, then the quality of your sleep will improve, and you'd be much more focused and awake.

From a medical point of view, have you had your hormones checked out as well? As sometimes people with low energy are hypothyroid, in other words their thyroid is making less thyroid hormone than it should and their metabolism is then slower and they feel sluggish.
gh0strec0n_legit
Not to take away from the OP but I 've been having this same problem lately. What works for me is when I am doing things and being active I feel awake but once I am not I feel tired again. I can't be doing things all day long sometimes I just like to relax without feeling sleepy but that is not possible when I feel like this.
bukaida
First of all, make sure you do have adequate rest. Avoid being late at night. A 7- 8 hours sleep is essential for normal human being. Avoid junk food and fast foods as they create gastric disorder leading to dizzyness. Make sure you have a clear stomach every morning. You may take some antacid and see if that helps (But donot make it a habbit).
Greatking
Exercise, i was feeling that way too some few weeks ago, i realized that walking or jogging was taking that away.
i was told its a form of stress, you know where the tiredness has piled up and its now coming out this way.
so that even when you have slept you still wake up feeling not rested.
it may be something else, but i know i hate feeling that way, so i begun to walk a lot and them guess what it stopped.
it may stop with you try it!
shivaghimire
I did exercise daily, had fruits and energetic foods. so I feel better now. In my country, Nepal summer season is running, I found its the effect of summer. I took 4/5 liters of water and now i feel better. Thank you all of you for your suggestions.
'Prevention is better than cure' so, always take plenty of water daily, have energetic food, fruits and try to discourage sugar and oily foods avoiding instant and junk foods..
Thank you... Keep smiling always, be healthy and be happy.
deanhills
shivaghimire wrote:
I took 4/5 liters of water and now i feel better. Thank you all of you for your suggestions.
'Prevention is better than cure' so, always take plenty of water daily, have energetic food, fruits and try to discourage sugar and oily foods avoiding instant and junk foods..
Thank you... Keep smiling always, be healthy and be happy.
Wow, that is a lot of water .... Shocked It reminds me however of what I need to do as well. Excellent advice in your post thanks! Very Happy
pll
shivaghimire wrote:

Just move.
The more you will be active the less you will feel "lazy" and tired.
lovescience
Sometimes, after having too much food that has too much sugar for me, I feel sleepy. Try not to eat food and drink that are too sweet, such as soda and dessert that have much sugar.
TimSouthee
Well exercise is the best source to get rid of this habit and i think sleeping can be reduced by doing exercise and it is the only solution.
vidafenomenal
get yourself healthy liveing timetable. Eat ginseng 3 times a day.
Hello_World
Hi hodson, I have always been a heavy sleeper but sometimes it takes a while for me to go to sleep, my mind would be racing and I'd get angry at myself. So what I did I just let myself daydream until I fell asleep, I didn't get angry and frustrated, then eventually I found that if I daydream the same thing, that now as soon as I start thinking about that daydream I go to sleep, it is like a cue to my body.
Aas for staying asleep, I've never had that problem.
mengshi200
You are likely to adjust your food structure, eat more food increasing your energy.for example longan,leechee.
Hello_World
Lots of good advice on this thread.

It is amazing how much more energy you get from excercise, you would think it would tire you out but it does the opposite.

Also get your iron levels checked. Even if you eat lots of red meat, even if you don't get periods, you can still be low on iron if your body is made that way. It is pretty common. That will make you feel tired if it is low. Also poor liver health can make you tired. And probably loads of other medical things.
brianj
maybe you just need an improvisation.. got bored with daily things, works for me..
lrj945
About a year ago I was feeling the same way, I also had other symptoms as well. But feel really tired was a major one. I later found out it was my thyroid that was burnt out.

Just a suggestion you might want to go to your doctors and get some blood work done.
It can't hurt, I wish I would have gone to see my doctor sooner.