FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My New Youtube Channel

gh0strec0n_legit
Hey guys I know this unconventional but I coul really use your support in starting up my youtube channel. I am an aspiring graphic designer and am creating tutorials on how to do certain things in photoshop. I just started it so only one video at the moment but with your support I will get roling with the video making.

Please, please subscribe. If you do comment here with your link to your site and I will return the favor how you request.

Here is the link check it out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/62293doughboy?feature=mhum
GoldenEagle
Subscribed.

Looking for 10 non-spam posts on my start up forum. Link is in the signature. Smile
Thanks!
gh0strec0n_legit
Thank you!! Will leave those posts for sure. Thank you and hope you enjoyed any videos you may have watched.
GoldenEagle
Of course I watched them! My gf does a lot of work with photoshop so I brought her over, too!
gh0strec0n_legit
Great stuff! I like your forum as well I made a suggestion there.
Ghost Rider103
Very cool man always good to see a fellow designer getting into helping other designers out there.

I'd subscribe or whatever but I don't ever log into my YT account since I've never really uploaded any videos.

By the way, a bit off topic, but did you used to play XBL? Your "doughboy" username sounds awful familiar to someone that I was on another forum with for gaming back in the day. TGR (the game reviews I think) ring a bell?
gh0strec0n_legit
Yep man thats me. Doughboy62293 I was on that forum with cain (c41n) and I remember you as well. LOL I don't remember you being this big web designer but I do remember you.

I love your website and your business, it's exactly what I want to do; web design/programming. I just don't know how exactly to get started. Any tips??
Ghost Rider103
Ah good times.

I think Ca1n (or however he spelt it) was actually the one who referred me to Frihost... then again, I do remember Googling free web hosting for a few hours playing XBL years ago. So perhaps I referred Cain... well I can't remember for sure, Lol.

Back in 2006 or whenever it was when we were all on TGR, I wasn't that big into web design yet. I mean I was designing sites and stuff, but not for a living. I was just doing it for fun at the time. I did do some design work for TGR back in the day. After the first owner of TGR sold the website, I sort of left the forums.

But as for tips, it's a bit hard to explain how to start your own business up. I honestly rely mainly on referring clients. Once you build up a decent client base, those clients refer new potential clients, and those new ones do the same. The cycle just goes on and on.

But I will tell you this, getting the first few clients is one tough task! I mean I'm sure you will easily find clients, but finding clients that pay what design work is worth on the internet is very tough. If you live in a big city, I suggest you go local.

I'm living in a town of only 2,000 people. So local work for me is nearly impossible. I'm trying to relocate back to California or Las Vegas where there is more local design work available.

What kind of things do you like to do? Design, html, CMS's, etc.? I get overloaded with work sometimes and can probably send some your way.
emanuel2
not bad, keep up the good work
gh0strec0n_legit
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Ah good times.

I think Ca1n (or however he spelt it) was actually the one who referred me to Frihost... then again, I do remember Googling free web hosting for a few hours playing XBL years ago. So perhaps I referred Cain... well I can't remember for sure, Lol.

Back in 2006 or whenever it was when we were all on TGR, I wasn't that big into web design yet. I mean I was designing sites and stuff, but not for a living. I was just doing it for fun at the time. I did do some design work for TGR back in the day. After the first owner of TGR sold the website, I sort of left the forums.

But as for tips, it's a bit hard to explain how to start your own business up. I honestly rely mainly on referring clients. Once you build up a decent client base, those clients refer new potential clients, and those new ones do the same. The cycle just goes on and on.

But I will tell you this, getting the first few clients is one tough task! I mean I'm sure you will easily find clients, but finding clients that pay what design work is worth on the internet is very tough. If you live in a big city, I suggest you go local.

I'm living in a town of only 2,000 people. So local work for me is nearly impossible. I'm trying to relocate back to California or Las Vegas where there is more local design work available.

What kind of things do you like to do? Design, html, CMS's, etc.? I get overloaded with work sometimes and can probably send some your way.

Well I want to design and program full websites for clients but right now I don't know any programming languages that would make a website function. I really only know html and css and while I can make websites like that I'd rather be able to offer a total package for a client including a full functioning website.
gh0strec0n_legit
I also want to add that I am going to try very hard to learn one programming language during this summer. Any tips on the best way to learn one?

I am starting college in the fall (I'm only 1Cool and plan on majoring in computer science and programming so going in with at least one programming language will definitely help me alot.