FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forum arrangement question...

ocalhoun
Why is Vehicles and Transportation under Sports and Entertainment?

Sure, a few posts in the Vehicles forum have to do with sports, but not many...

I just noticed it really, and can't figure it out.
Ghost Rider103
There are a lot of different types of vehicles that have to do with sports. Multiple different types of bikes (both bicycles, motor bikes i.e. motocross, super-cross, super moto, etc.). Then we have race cars, boats, etc.

Transportation really doesn't have anything to do with sports and entertainment. It does have to do with vehicles obviously, but it doesn't sound right.

There is also an issue with Personal Art Gallery, Personal Photo Gallery, Filmmaking and Graphics, and Design Tips.

In my opinion, one of the personal (art or photos) needs to be removed. We have people posting their personal photos in both the personal photo gallery and in the Filmmaking section. They would go well in either section, but when we give people two choices to choose from, then the activity in both the forums are split, making them both look less active.

Same goes for the design and Filmmaking. People are asking about website design in the graphics section. Which is fine, as it has to do with graphics. But again this makes them both look less active since the activity is split into two. All four of these forums needs to be revised and some may even need to be merged.
Nameless
I'm going to break my own tradition and actually defend the current forum placement here. Although most vehicles serve a purely functional purpose of transportation, I imagine the majority of discussion about vehicles is instead for entertainment purposes. Pimping your ride, sailing on the weekend, monster truck rallies, I don't know. Vehicle enthusiasts are just hobbyist with bigger toys. Very Happy
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Why is Vehicles and Transportation under Sports and Entertainment?

Sure, a few posts in the Vehicles forum have to do with sports, but not many...

I just noticed it really, and can't figure it out.
From a logical point of view where would you put vehicles and transportation in the Forum then?
Ghost Rider103
Vehicles and transportation wouldn't really fit anywhere better than it already is.

What I think I would do, is change "vehicles and transportation" to Cars and Motorsports.

Then the "travel and countries" is sort of similar to transportation, and transportation could be added into the forum description of travel and countries. This would clear up confusion.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
What I think I would do, is change "vehicles and transportation" to Cars and Motorsports.
That's an excellent idea! Sort of says it how it really is. Very Happy