FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Directory?

GoldenEagle
How does one get their link added to the FriHost directory? It that a pagerank transferring listing?

How many non-FRIHohsters crawl through the directory? Is there a cost for listing your site in there?

Thanks, GE
truespeed
You can request a listing via your account page,i don't know if they are nofollow or dofollow links,i would say very few frihosters crawl the directory,it is very much neglected,i was looking through the top 11 sites the other day and only one or two were still live sites.

Edit: Just noticed it costs 50 frih to get listed,which is ok for old users who have frih but of little use to new members who can't attain them,i am sure Bondings if he reads this will change the payment method to coins.
cybersa
Explain me a difference between nofollow and dofollow links.
sonam
cybersa wrote:

Nofollow links search engine don't foollow and don't index in their database. Dofollow (default with any browser) search engine follow and index in their database. This is short description about what is nofollow links from Google.
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=96569

Quote:
In general, we don't follow them. This means that Google does not transfer PageRank or anchor text across these links. Essentially, using nofollow causes us to drop the target links from our overall graph of the web. However, the target pages may still appear in our index if other sites link to them without using nofollow, or if the URLs are submitted to Google in a Sitemap. Also, it's important to note that other search engines may handle nofollow in slightly different ways.

@truespeed
It is nofollow Sad

Sonam
Bondings
To be honest, our directory was/is a bit of a flop; there are barely any visitors and I never programmed the change/removal of listings. However I don't think the listing costs 50 Coins - if I remember correctly it is currently free.
cybersa
sonam wrote:
cybersa wrote:

Nofollow links search engine don't foollow and don't index in their database. Dofollow (default with any browser) search engine follow and index in their database. This is short description about what is nofollow links from Google.
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=96569

Quote:
In general, we don't follow them. This means that Google does not transfer PageRank or anchor text across these links. Essentially, using nofollow causes us to drop the target links from our overall graph of the web. However, the target pages may still appear in our index if other sites link to them without using nofollow, or if the URLs are submitted to Google in a Sitemap. Also, it's important to note that other search engines may handle nofollow in slightly different ways.

@truespeed
It is nofollow Sad

Sonam

Thanks man.
It is useful information.
truespeed
Bondings wrote:
if I remember correctly it is currently free.

It does say 50 frih.

I think the directory could work if it was dofollow,and was kept updated with dead links removed.
GoldenEagle
Can we make it dofollow and cost x coins?

It rewards users who use the forum and will use the directory feature. Sounds like a good idea to me.