FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Acid Reflux

lovescience
Acid Reflux happens when acid from stomach flows back to swallowing tube(esophagus).

The muscle around the end of the swallowing tube to the stomach does not close firmly is a reason for acid reflux to happen.

Loss body weight and eat fruit and vegetable instead of fatty food are advised.

Avoid food, and drink, alcohol, coffee, etc., that would stimulate acid from your stomach.
rbthpn
delete
menino
My friend had acid refux some time ago, and had to undergo detoxification for some time.
Detoxification mainly involved eating fruits and vegetables and refraining from red meants and junk food.
myqute
People with acid reflux usually lack enzymes found in papayas. My mum ate papayas regularly and found that she could eat more foods after a week. This is due to her sphincter (bottom muscle of the stomach that opens up after about 10 minutes of eating) is more relaxed and does not go into a "spasm". And so the stomach does not reject and pushes food up.
darthrevan
rbthpn wrote:
Klaire Labs probiotic and digestive enzyme products are wonderful.

Correct, my wife seems to have acid reflux and I was coming home from work and was listening to Dr. Asa and he was saying that Drs use to believe that acid reflux was caused by too much stomach acid, but it actually caused by not having enough stomach acid, hence is why it is hard for the body to break down fatty foods and such. Though there are some cases of too much stomach acid. One way I think you can find out if you have too much stomach acid or not enough is simple. For not enough, drink a little apple cider vinegar and see if it relieves it. If you have too much, a mixture of baking soda and water will help neutralize the acid.

The above theory I am unsure of. You can increase stomach acid by using vinegar and such, you can search for more ways to increase it. There are supplements for HCL so you can increase your acid.

Good luck