FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Position of Smileys

deanhills
This is really "small stuff". Maybe there is an easy way to work past it, but when I edit a post and put in a smiley it always seems to go to the bottom line below the post. Instead of where I would like it to be which is at the position of where my cursor is. Is there a reason for it .... ? Or is there a way it can be coded to always go where the cursor is?
Very Happy
saratdear
Not just smileys, this happens when I try to put in any tag as well (Img, quote, etc.) And not while just editing...there. I just tested it.
Bondings
Yes it's annoying, I'm aware of that. A few years ago I was thinking of taking the code from phpBB3 (which I think fixes this) and using it here. I'll try to check how easy it will be to do, but considering this isn't a huge priority it might not be for soon.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
Yes it's annoying, I'm aware of that. A few years ago I was thinking of taking the code from phpBB3 (which I think fixes this) and using it here. I'll try to check how easy it will be to do, but considering this isn't a huge priority it might not be for soon.
It's right on the bottom of the list .... the stuff that goes to the back of the mind and if you come across it by accident when you are looking to code something else .... Very Happy
sonam
Bondings wrote:

We are not in hurry. Copy/paste is also good solution. Cool

Sonam
Bondings
sonam wrote:
Bondings wrote:

We are not in hurry. Copy/paste is also good solution. Cool

Sonam

If it would be as simple as a copy-paste, then I'll definitely do it. But there will probably be some differences/problems that need to be fixed too and that would be the time-consuming part. Wink
adri
@Bondings: Maybe you can take a look at this: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/498
It perfectly solves the problem, if it works correctly. Smile

Quote:
This replaces the original JavaScript in 'posting_body' with a better BBCode-and-smilie-inserting script. It will allow you to insert BBCode or a smilie at your cursor.

adri
ocalhoun
The only time that this is really annoying is when you're typing up a long post, especially when breaking down a large quote from another user, and you want to use a smiley or one of the bbcode buttons... Then after copying the generated code, you have to scroll back up and try to find where you were typing earlier.

My main workaround for that is becoming familiar with most of the bbcode functions and simply typing them out inline without using the fancy buttons.
The only time I like to use the button is to apply tags to selected text, such as putting img tags around the pasted url for an image.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
My main workaround for that is becoming familiar with most of the bbcode functions and simply typing them out inline without using the fancy buttons.
Excellent idea ... I'm going to go for this one. Probably be fun to memorize them as well. I only use a few anyway, so it won't be that many to learn.