FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your next phone?

cybersa
What is your next phone or future phone?
Now I have no enough money to buy a phone.
But my next phone is htc wildfire s.
Due to its size and style.[/i]
Nameless
I'm thinking of picking up a tin can. The call fees are very low, and you wouldn't believe how cheap you can pick up the handsets themselves if you don't mind a couple of dents or sauce smears.
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
I'm thinking of picking up a tin can. The call fees are very low, and you wouldn't believe how cheap you can pick up the handsets themselves if you don't mind a couple of dents or sauce smears.
I LOVE this idea .... Laughing

I've still got my OLD Nokia of 2004 Model 1100 (the photo below is an exact image of my phone). It only does calls and receives calls and the battery, still the same one, lasts for more than a week at a time. Needless to say I only use it when I really need to and I only answer calls which I recognize. I prefer to do my social on a one to one basis .... if I can.

I have zero plans to upgrade. I'm hoping this phone will last for the next eight years as well.
GoldenEagle
haha! My current phone is some crappy flip phone without its own keypad. Let's just say I'm substantially behind the times. No iphones, no droids, no razors (is the that something old or different what I just mentioned? I don't know!) for me.
SC__Programmer
my next phone,is a phone Very Happy

i got a texting number online though,but a phone that didnt require WiFi would be great Wink
cybersa
@deanhills
I like your phone.
I think it is one of the Best and old phone of Nokia.
Insanity
Tin cans are the way of the future. No batteries needed, just one really long string.

In all seriousness, maybe the iPhone. It's about time I invested in one of those smartphone dealies, they seem so useful.
standready
Nameless wrote:

I love it! Although I have heard that the sound quality is a bit 'tinny'!
william
Considering I don't actually use cell phones for making phone calls, tin cans are of little use to me, except when they're full of delicious yet often unhealthy food.

Next phone, not entirely sure. All I know is that it will be purchased in the next couple months, it will be Android based, and it will probably be on Sprint if AT&T gets its way with T-Mobile. As such, I don't know, the new HTC EVO 3D is the most likely option. Unless something competitive comes sporting Tegra 2, that's probably what I'll be looking into.
LittleBlackKitten
Once it comes out and I'm due for a renewal, the Torch 2.
ankitdatashn
I don't know the model but it's got to be a Nokia Smile
cybersa
Personally i don't like Nokia.
Because if you buying a costly phone in nokia,for that price you can buy good smart phone.
Asap170
Hate to pay an extra $30 a month to get a smartphone but gonna get a Windows Phone Smile
Ankhanu
I just upgraded last summer, so it'll be about 2+ years before I consider an upgrade. I'm an iPhone user, so likely it will be whatever generation the iPhone is in at that point.

Once you've invested into an OS, you either stick with it, or you have to abandon all the cash you'd put into it (apps) and start over with a new platform. It's easier/cheaper to stick to what you're using already in many cases.
cybersa
Ankhanu wrote:

Once you've invested into an OS, you either stick with it, or you have to abandon all the cash you'd put into it (apps) and start over with a new platform. It's easier/cheaper to stick to what you're using already in many cases.

I accept this completely.
I'm and my dad always like that.
Past 5 month we stopped to buy new phones due to financial problem.Sad
deanhills
cybersa wrote:
Past 5 month we stopped to buy new phones due to financial problem.Sad
If you stopped for five months buying new phones, how often did you buy new phones? Shocked I've got my old phone for 8 years but then I'm not much of a phone person. But even for phone people I'd have thought they would upgrade maybe once a year at the most? Quite a number of people around me do deals with trading in their one-year models for a more up to date model as there is a very lucrative trade around here for used models. People over here buy phones like sweets in a candy store, some of them upgrade the phone within a week of purchase, and then a lucky person who shops around may get an almost brand new phone with an enormous discount.
_AVG_
I prefer a simple phone which is capable of efficiently performing the basic utilities of a phone - texting, calling and receiving e-mails. I feel that blackberries are very good for the job so I'll probably go with a BB
achowles
I don't plan to upgrade any time soon. My last phone was replaced recently due to it being unreliable. That's all I'm really after when it comes down to it. Reliability. Well, that and it was too damn quiet to use anywhere with background noise (which does kind of defeat the purpose, don't you think?). Hopefully this new phone proves reliable. We'll see.
deanhills
_AVG_ wrote:
I prefer a simple phone which is capable of efficiently performing the basic utilities of a phone - texting, calling and receiving e-mails. I feel that blackberries are very good for the job so I'll probably go with a BB
Everyone has them, including the President .... Twisted Evil It's become a business status symbol of sorts as well, and quite impressive to receive an e-mail that has been forwarded from a Blackberry. Sort of gives just the right impression, this guy is even looking at his e-mails when he is away from his desk. Anyway, it has to be one of the best phones around, it is in very high demand in the UAE. More so than iPhone.
Very Happy
Tesa323
Hmm I'm thinking of buying a droid this week end since my crappy metro peice of sh.. Phone broke. Lol
jmlworld
I'm lost between iPhone4 and Samsung Galaxy II. I don't know which one to buy, but I'm sure I'll secure the purchase of one of these phones in the next few months. I'm a Blackberry user at the moment and I don't like it. Time to upgrade.
cybersa
My Personal recommendation is Samsung Galaxy S II because it is dual core with ANdroid 2.3.4.
Really it is worth it.
Ankhanu
cybersa wrote:
My Personal recommendation is Samsung Galaxy S II because it is dual core with ANdroid 2.3.4.
Really it is worth it.

Does the Android OS actually make USE of dual cores?
Dual core is only a benefit if the OS knows how to efficiently use more than one core; for example, most 32bit OSes don't gain any real advantage from having more than one core to use.
status
I myself have the Incredible 2, by far the best phone I have ever used Very Happy
gphoenix
ahem...i am currently browsing using my mototab with android 3.0 .. I bought it recently and its super powerful..i use the same as a phone and i also still have my nokia xtwo.so i dont think i will be needing a phone for the next twenty years.
nigam
i miss those old styles of phone.....i had my first phone which is nokia 5110...i wish i could still find that one that is still working Smile
mahirh
deanhills wrote:
it is in very high demand in the UAE. More so than iPhone.
Very Happy

just because its almost impossible to censor sites when browsed through it
deanhills
mahirh wrote:
deanhills wrote:
it is in very high demand in the UAE. More so than iPhone.
Very Happy

just because its almost impossible to censor sites when browsed through it

Aha! I did not know that. So that is what the main attraction is then, and why there has also been talk of banning them?
portoskt
i phone, of coursse
Da Rossa
I don't know but my Nokia N95 is getting slow and slow. It has delays in the menus and, when I dial a number but give up in the middle of the typing, it takes long to process the cancel.

People are getting addicted to smartphones. The batteries are lasting too short on the other hand.

I might have listened wrong, but is there any NEW phone that does the following, and ONLY the following:
- Makes and receives calls;
- Has a caller identifier;
- Has a contacts book
- Sends and receives text messages
- Keeps a log of the incoming, outgoing and missed calls?

That would be something I call an ESSENTIAL phone. Not even necessary to have a colour display.
Blastr
My next phone shall be a cheap phone with Android or Win Mobile 6 (i love Win Mobile 6: It's complicated to use, extremely slow, it has a registry...the perfect geek plaything i think xD).