FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New chrome operating system

baboosaa
Google is rocking in the stage. This time it's Lary Page with some thing that need no page at all and even more exciting no operating systems like X or Windows or DOS.

This is possible all because of internet that connects so many computer together and most of them are user and some are servers hanging in the sky to make cloud computing more easier and reality.
jcreus
baboosaa wrote:
Google is rocking in the stage. This time it's Lary Page with some thing that need no page at all and even more exciting no operating systems like X or Windows or DOS.

This is possible all because of internet that connects so many computer together and most of them are user and some are servers hanging in the sky to make cloud computing more easier and reality.

It's true that it might possibly be a great feature. But as Richard Stallman says this also risks users' privacy. So, in my opinion, it would be probably best to *also* store the files in your computer, anyway you can.

On the other hand you could try eyeOS, free software that allows cloud computing either on their servers or host it yourself. Sincerely I wouldn't give my file to someone I don't know, I can't control or can't see its source code. Not only applying to cloud computing but also to operating systems (I use Linux).
Bluedoll
Interesting, I am always three steps behind everyone else I think. Crying or Very sad

Ok. Eyeos is not an os for your computer, it is a server using php (downloads software for mac, windows or linux) that loosely applies the term os to describe what cloud servers another term for servers interconnected are doing connected together using the same software designed around php/java etc.

So really it is not a online os at all. It is program- able however has applications and runs mobile phones etc on the same server with some degree of compatibility.

Now please someone tell me this is true or false or even that I do not know what I am talking about as long as you can explain why so I can learn something here about what this is about.

The site says .. “Virtual desktop?”
“Low costs: All in one in a single platform, the best way to optimize time and resources.”

What costs?
Ankhanu
Bluedoll wrote:
So really it is not a online os at all. It is program- able however has applications and runs mobile phones etc on the same server with some degree of compatibility.

Now please someone tell me this is true or false or even that I do not know what I am talking about as long as you can explain why so I can learn something here about what this is about.

That looks about right, at least from what I could glean from the website without wasting too much time Razz

Bluedoll wrote:
What costs?

It looks to be referring to system resources. It appears to be a fairly light-weight application, requiring little processor power or RAM allocation with little need for additional processes.

I have my reservations about how it would actually pan out in use, however. These sorts of remote computing option rarely work as smoothly as they should and as claimed.
cybersa
Yesterday I read all featurea of google chrome os.
I like it.
It is worth for web developer.
I think web application will come closer to windows application.
baboosaa
There may not be data that require serious concern with individual. So the cloud computing that gives us enormous power to protect our data from being hacked from our own computer. Everyone knows that there is always risk when you are accessing information in a network because someone may be receiving for you. But other than that like processing your data without the need for your processor to work like that server computer can do that easily. And it can allocate you huge space in their servers for you which can be accessed anywhere there is internet. So it's cool when you have an Chrome operating system but useless when there is no internet connection.
Fire Boar
Cloud computing! I love the "hanging in the sky" analogy.

What they want you to think:

What "Cloud Computing" actually is:

Bluedoll
Maybe cloud computing will provide some very cool tools. I am a primarily desk top user but do see a lot more people think handheld moble is the way to go and use it to it's full potential. Perhaps that will be cloud computing biggest market?

[url]download.microsoft.com/.../KynetixCloudComputingStrategyGuide.pdf[/url]

They think cloud computing is the next hot thing comparing it to the early trend that at one time occurred, main frame computing using dumb computers to the transition of building pc’s that access networks servers. Now the cloud will be everying from desktop machines to video phones being serviced from Mr. skynet. Laughing

But it does seem there might be advantage as well for added revenue for someone?

portoskt
guys, dont loose your time...use 7 or ubuntu... and enjoy
chartcentral
Currently, desktop programs are still superior than its corresponding online applications, if an equivalent exists. That's why a non-web based operating system is still the better choice as of this time. Smile
Asap170
Unless this is an update for the Chrome OS, but it's been out for awhile not sure if it's completely ready for stores to sell it and that, but I have used it. It really limits you to what you can do. Basically it's Google Chrome Web Browser as an OS and then there is an Email app (Since I haven't looked at it for a year now I may be somewhat wrong on description). So the Chrome OS is really old news.
weableandbob
I've used the Chrome OS, and I don't like it much, mostly because I spend most of my time on the computer playing games.
FunDa
weableandbob wrote:
I've used the Chrome OS, and I don't like it much, mostly because I spend most of my time on the computer playing games.

Yeah, Chrome OS is useful only for data saving and when you have to have work transferred across multiple computers in Offices and maybe a home office and the Presentation room and other meeting halls.

That too, it works only with a good and stable internet connection.

For a standalone machine, it is better to have Windows 7 or Ubuntu or Mac OsX
baboosaa
They are saying these days this part alot => "Cloud computing".
Is that good? I mean how do you think about the way your data staying in the server computer?
The ability of a person to use cloud computing does not comes to that person with full 100% advantage only, along with that comes problems regarding to with the security issue of the data stored by a user.
Ankhanu
baboosaa wrote:
They are saying these days this part alot => "Cloud computing".
Is that good? I mean how do you think about the way your data staying in the server computer?
The ability of a person to use cloud computing does not comes to that person with full 100% advantage only, along with that comes problems regarding to with the security issue of the data stored by a user.

Fire Boar's post above hits on this nicely Razz

Personally, I dislike the idea of the "cloud". I mean, yeah, it's pretty convenient (when you have constant net access), but there is inherent lack of stability and security, concerns about bandwidth, accessibility, and all that jazz. It's nice to have access to all of your data from multiple stations, but it's also nice to have your data stored locally, well backed up and inaccessible to potential hackers, and your ability to access it not reliant upon an internet connection.
Radar
ChromeOS is something that I would try because I could, or out of curiosity, not as an alternative to other desktop operating systems.

It's a fun idea, but I'd be interested to see if anyone found it good in practice.
tamilparks
ubuntu i am unable to partition
Bluedoll
tamilparks wrote:
ubuntu i am unable to partition
Ubuntu will install beside windows like any application and after installation will give you a choice on boot up. The computer I selected was actually slower on ubuntu than xp. Does anyone know if older versions are faster on older systems?

Quote:
Cloud computing is a general term for anything that involves delivering hosted services over the Internet. These services are broadly divided into three categories: Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). The name cloud computing was inspired by the cloud symbol that's often used to represent the Internet in flowcharts and diagrams.

http://searchcloudcomputing.techtarget.com/definition/cloud-computing

I am still trying to understand what the cloud means? It does seem, unless I am confused that the cloud is just a buzz word for things that already do exist. Except, because ‘the cloud’ is being talked about in computer circles, perhaps this will mean that...???

Ok, google is not a little guy in the internet world any longer and I have always been a big fan of the straight forward search engine approach but I do notice they start projects and drop them later if they do not develop favourably. Is this os another one destined for the recycle bin or will it stick around as a generalized computer term for ole/new services?