FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Quality of Sony TV post tsunami

bukaida
I am planning to buy a LCD TV. My first choice is Sony. But I am not sure whether they are maintaining the same quality now, after the tsunami hit. They have slashed the price so I am a bit confused. Please help if you have any related information. I am planning to buy the model KLV-32NX500:NX500 Series:BRAVIA™ LCD TV. I have googled but failed to get any such information.
dan751
Consider:
New updates and revisions to hardware and electronics are coming out on, practically, a daily basis. That is the cause for reduced pricing. Prices will continue to decrease over time.
Although the Japanese factories production rates have been brought to a slow, companies still have quality standards they uphold. They're not about to ship a product that is missing pieces or something like that.
With that said, companies have assembly factories all over the world. Take for example, PS3, I own one. It says "Made in China". That doesn't mean its of lower quality than if it said "Made in Japan" or "Made in USA". I'm sure that whatever TV you choose to buy will be just fine. Wink
Ankhanu
dan751 wrote:
C... It says "Made in China". That doesn't mean its of lower quality than if it said "Made in Japan" or "Made in USA". I'm sure that whatever TV you choose to buy will be just fine. Wink

Yep; not much is "Made in Japan"... Sony is a Japanese company, but not much of the manufacturing is in Japan. Japanese factories are expensive for much the same reason that factories in the US are expensive: workers demand real wages and benefits.
I doubt the tsunami and earthquake caused much of a disruption in the production of "Japanese" products.
bukaida
Thanks guys. I got the confidence back. Actually I was seeking a mental support for my decision as I am a bit fond of sony from my school days ( With walkman and sterio systems). Thanks.