FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Terrible games that you've played anyway

Nameless
So plenty of people have opinions about how awful certain genres of video games are, or how modern trend X is killing the industry and so on and so forth. This topic isn't about that. This topic is about the games that you openly admit are terrible, but sit down for hours on end and play anyway. Do you have a gaming guilty pleasure? Did your friends force you to play something? Or was there just a train wreck of level design that you couldn't look away from? Let's hear it!
(To qualify, you must have either played the game to completion or for a minimum of ten hours.)

~

Tales of Symphonia; Dawn of the New World. The worst possible sequel I have ever played. Returning characters became walking deus ex machinas. Half the dungeons were literally copy/pasted - down to exact puzzles and solutions - from the first game. Dialogue that descended from hilariously bad to brick-to-your-head bad within minutes. Ugh. Yet I ploughed through the whole thing because I'd spent a good chunk of money on it and I still <3 the Tales of battle systems.

On a more positive note: I've spent more hours than I care to admit playing MapleStory. It's bulging with hackers, has a mostly dickish community, glitchy all the time, does not give two hoots about its customers and the actual gameplay is monotonous as all heck ... but the aesthetics are adorable and it's a wonderfully effective way to relax and zone out.