FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone of heard Immortal Technique?

GoldenEagle
He's a really good rapper and he some pretty cool songs on Youtube. There's one called "Dance with the Devil" that I like. It's quite violent, but it's a narrative about a guy trying to rise up the ranks in a gang. It's quite an artistic piece. I'm not going to embed it on here to avoid people misclicking on it, but it's worth a listen to if you're into rap narratives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgcCvGdXAxg&NR=1
Afaceinthematrix
Dance with the Devil is okay. The hidden track that you can find at the end of some versions of it is better because he has some sick lines (one being: Immortal Technique will destroy your religion you stupid b****/You're faker than blue-eyed crackers nailed to a crucifix). Point of No Return is also a better track. Dance with the Devil just doesn't have the abundance of clever lines that many of his other songs have.

Immortal Technique has been around for about ten years and has been quite successful. He's quite popular among the underground rap scene. I'm not into rap but where I grew up and went to high school, the underground rap scene was rather large, I had friends who were into it, Immortal Technique was just starting to really make his presence known.

One thing that I like about him, besides his political activism, is the fact that he simply refuses to sell out. But for some reason, everyone mainly tend to know him for Dance with the Devil even though he has much better songs than that.