FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nepal

baboosaa
Much close to the ancient beauty and tightly bound to religious ceremonies, Nepalese people or say most of the nepalese people welcome you with smile. The beauty of the mountains that has so many traveller's story to say is so intense that it plunges into your heart and makes you feel like you are in heaven.
tdossi
in Nepal alone, there are six very popular trekking routes longer (Treks), which are distributed across the three areas of Annapurna, Khumbu (Everest National Park) and Langtang and about 1 to 3 weeks in length.
More demanding treks such as the Annapurna Circuit or Everest Base Camp Trek to go over 5,000 m altitude. Create stressful but for "ordinary people" include The Langtang trek, the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek Jomsom and the Annapurna region.

Mountain biking is also popular in Nepal. Although not nearly as as the trekking, but there are already some organized tours. The area around Kathmandu to Pokhara or different tours (Scar Road, Rajpath, ...) offer great trails.
metalfreek
I am from Nepal and its a great place for vacation and holidays. There is everything here to do except the beach because Nepal is Land Locked country. You can definitely spend months here and gain new experience.

First off there is capital city, the city of temples. You can visit three Durbar(palace) squares right here in the capital city and enjoy the ancient art, architecture and sculptures. Capital city itself is a great place to spend time. You can easy spend a week in capital city without getting bored.

Next you can go to Pokhara, a must visit place of you are in Nepal. Do some googling and you will see how beautiful this city is.

Then you can go to Lumbini, the birth place of Lord Gautam Buddha. This Lumbini is another must go place if you are in Nepal.

If you are a trekking type then there are so much excitement waiting
Annapurna base camp trekking
Everest base camp trekking
etc. The list goes on.

If you want to feel closed to nature then you can to to Chitwan National Park where you can go for an elephant ride inside the Jungle. If you are lucky you might just spot a Tiger or One horn Rhino during your ride.

There are so many thing to say. You have to be here to see and feel it all. Just give it a go you will not regret the decision.
deanhills
Nice post Metalfreek. Thanks for all the info. If I wanted to do Annapurna base camp trekking can I just arrive there or does one need to do all of this through a travel agent ahead of time?
Smile
coolclay
Wow that sounds incredible. I really hope to get there someday. Airfare is just so expensive. Thanks for the awesome post!
metalfreek
deanhills wrote:
Nice post Metalfreek. Thanks for all the info. If I wanted to do Annapurna base camp trekking can I just arrive there or does one need to do all of this through a travel agent ahead of time?
Smile

You can just come to kathmandu and talk with some travel agents. Or, I can arrange something for you if you happen to visit here.
shivaghimire
Being a Nepali it feels nice to hear good word from foreigners. It might give painful feelings if bad words strike my ears. Thank god, I could not see any such bad words here. I am feeling so proud of my country now but so sad the political situation is being worst (not for foreigners) for the development of the country. The leaders have made the situation a dumping side. Corruption has eaten the country. Sorry if you face any problem due to some people but I promise you will get a great respect from many of us. Most of the Nepali People are good. Our nature, culture, trekking route will always welcome you and waiting you.
You are most welcome.
menino
I would love to visit Nepal, and thinking about visiting it probably next year.

What would be the best time to go there, and enjoy the scenic views? Is it April, when spring is in season?

It has nice trekking tours, which I would love to go for.

But yes, it has corruption from the government, not unlike other countries, but still, the country is still beautiful for its nature and nice people.
shivaghimire
menino wrote:
I would love to visit Nepal, and thinking about visiting it probably next year.

What would be the best time to go there, and enjoy the scenic views? Is it April, when spring is in season?

It has nice trekking tours, which I would love to go for.

But yes, it has corruption from the government, not unlike other countries, but still, the country is still beautiful for its nature and nice people.

you can visit Nepal and enjoy mostly in February, March and April. In these months here is moderate climate and its season for trekking. I am happy to know you are interested to Nepal. Well you are planning to come next year, wow! nice.
Welcome you, your family and friends.