FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SUPER 8

rogue_skydragon
The sci-fi thriller by J.J. Abrams is out now! Apparently a tribute to Steven Spielberg's earlier films, Super 8 follows a group of kids in a small middle American town in 1979, when a train crash unleashes a terrible monster.

Put your thoughts here!
GoldenEagle
I saw a teaser trailer for this movie a few years ago (or at least I think it was). It basically just showed a derailed car and with something banging trying to get out. From that point on, I was totally excited for the movie! But like all JJ Abrams movies, we still don't know enough about it!
LostOverThere
Like I said in another post here, I saw this at an advanced screening before it came out and was absolutely blown away.

I would highly recommend everyone go check it out! Lots of lense flairs though...
silverdown
I saw the TV ad trailer it seemed promising, however the ones that do seem promising are usually a once in a while watcher in my opinion, however it does seem pretty cool Just have to wait and see i guess.Can't judge a book by is cover or trailer in this case. Laughing
missdixy
LostOverThere wrote:
Like I said in another post here, I saw this at an advanced screening before it came out and was absolutely blown away.

I would highly recommend everyone go check it out! Lots of lense flairs though...

I've been trying to decide whether I want to go watch Super 8 this weekend, or The Hangover pt. 2, and I really think I'm going to go with Super 8 even if I'm not a fan of lense flairs Razz

But the words "absolutely blown away" really make me want to go see this haha. I want to be absolutely blown away too!!!!
LostOverThere
missdixy wrote:
I've been trying to decide whether I want to go watch Super 8 this weekend, or The Hangover pt. 2, and I really think I'm going to go with Super 8 even if I'm not a fan of lense flairs Razz

But the words "absolutely blown away" really make me want to go see this haha. I want to be absolutely blown away too!!!!

Great! I hope you enjoy it. It's a really fun movie. Smile
cybersa
Hope i will watch this movie soon.
chatrack
I like these type of films
rayxzero
What super 8 supposed to mean on this movie, is this related to the alien trapped on earth ?
Tesa323
This movie was amzing saw it 8 times already lmao
missdixy
LostOverThere wrote:
missdixy wrote:

Great! I hope you enjoy it. It's a really fun movie. Smile

Just went and saw this yesterday with the boyfriend -- I was kind of annoyed at all the random blue light/lense flairs on screen but in retrospect there weren't THAT many of them. Other than that, I absolutely loved the film and thought it was a great story and just amazing overall. I am a huge fan of the actress that played Alice (I saw her in Phoebe in Wonderland and in Benjamin Button) and think she did a great job.

Overall, I'm glad I went to see it. I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of the film, but I thought it had an appropriate amount of scary moment and humor and touching/emotional moments =D My favorite line in the movie? "drugs are SO bad!!"

lol Laughing
Radar
I've been hearing mixed things about this. A few people saying that it's awesome, someone telling me it not what you might expect.

Not sure what to make of it, but if it is a sci-fi thriller in any way, I think it's probably a better experience in a cinema than not.
LostOverThere
missdixy wrote:
Just went and saw this yesterday with the boyfriend -- I was kind of annoyed at all the random blue light/lense flairs on screen but in retrospect there weren't THAT many of them. Other than that, I absolutely loved the film and thought it was a great story and just amazing overall. I am a huge fan of the actress that played Alice (I saw her in Phoebe in Wonderland and in Benjamin Button) and think she did a great job.

Overall, I'm glad I went to see it. I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of the film, but I thought it had an appropriate amount of scary moment and humor and touching/emotional moments =D My favorite line in the movie? "drugs are SO bad!!"

lol Laughing

Yay! Glad that you liked it. There are a preposterous amount of lens flares there though, hah. At least it's not as bad as J.J. Abrams other film, Star Trek. They're everywhere there...
Hello_World
loved it!

Like the kind of movies I used to like when I was a kid. ET, Flight of the Navigator - ish. Well, nothing like them really, just, the feel of it.

Super 8 refers to an old type of film, the type they are using to film their own movie. If you see really old home movies, they were probably shot with super 8.
brianj
its retro style right? like 300?
Ntham
I felt the essence of movies like the Goonies. 100% Recommended
rogue_skydragon
brianj wrote:
its retro style right? like 300?

It's not retro in the same way 300 was. 300 just 'looked' retro because of the high-contrast, low saturation that was implemented in the film's cinematography. Super 8 is a film that actually 'feels' retro because of the way the story and characters develop.
alli2000
i miss this kind of movie..classic mistery..
portoskt
im not into this kind of movies, but this one is very cool .... all that story about relationship of father and son behind is very good
dude_xyx
Watched it. pretty good movie but I think expected more from it. I guess it's because of the trailer. But trailers are always better than their movies.
LostOverThere
dude_xyx wrote:
Watched it. pretty good movie but I think expected more from it. I guess it's because of the trailer. But trailers are always better than their movies.

To be fair though, the Super-8 marketing campaign was probably one of the finest I've ever seen in recent memory.
portoskt
its cool movie, for fun, and for spend time ... i liked