FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many domains?

SC__Programmer
ok so mainly i got a domain for my new lua lessons(to avoid losing everything like last time) but now i want to make a new domain for something else =\

So how many domains are allowed?Im guessing 1 since there aint another request,except for a change request.
SonLight
Your control panel (DirectAdmin or CPanel) has a domain management feature. As far as I know, you can have as many domains as you want.

You can either set up dobdomains of your user account, or use a separate domain of your own. By default, you have one domain set up when you get hosting, for example sitename.frih.net. You can have more like site1.sitename.frih.net, site2.sitename.frih.net, etc. without dealing with dns setup. If you have a domain of your own, you can assign your purchased domain to any of these, and generally you can still use the frihost name as an alias for the site if you want to.

Disclaimer: The frihost part of the site name (frih.net) will be different for users assigned to a different server. The detail of setting things up do vary some, so if you have trouble mention your assigned domain name or server when asking questions.
the-guide
^
^
^

Yes, as "SonLight" mentioned, you can have as many domains as you want as well as sub-domains.

SC__Programmer
ok so i dont mess this up,click on domain setup>create domain>and it has a .com name already in.if i put a mysite.com on the end of it will it make it into mysite.frihost.com or do i manually have to put a frihost.com on the end?

thanks
adri
You can have ∞ domainnames that represent your Frihost Webhosting, however you can only have 1 webhostingaccount at Frihost (which is what i thought you meant in your first post).

You just have to give in your domainname and save it. Then you have to go to the control panel of your domainname (like GoDaddy Control Panel or something like that) and set your nameservers to the frihost nameservers.

adri
SC__Programmer
i dont have a .com name,i was meaning making another .frihost.org name.

So do i type in mysite.frihost.org and click create?
adri
SC__Programmer wrote:
i dont have a .com name,i was meaning making another .frihost.org name.

So do i type in mysite.frihost.org and click create?

Let me requote myself...

adri wrote:
... however you can only have 1 webhostingaccount at Frihost (which is what i thought you meant in your first post).

So no that won't give you an extra 250Mb space. You can however create subdomains like subdomain1.yoursubdomain.frihost.org etc. but that won't give you any disk space either, it just gives you a way to manage your websites or content.

adri
SC__Programmer
ok thanks.

ill just change my domain name Smile
ankitdatashn
You can have as many domains as you want,
You can think of it as a summer jaunt,
Frihost is all that you need,
A friend dear, it's a friend indeed... Smile