FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Malaysia

rogue_skydragon
Has anyone visited this country? I want to check it out someday.
weltkarte
I went to Malaysia to the following places:

- Kuala Lumpur: Nice shopping place but a little bit boring compared with Bangkok or Singapore

- Tioman Island: Great island, a great place for diving and relaxing. There is not much more to do there

- Sipadan island: One of the best places if you are into diving!

But to be honest, I prefer Thailand to Malaysia as travelling is cheaper there, food and people much nicer....
deanhills
@Weltkarte. I notice you must be a diver. Any recommendations for a nice island in Thailand (not Koh Samui) for diving? Very Happy
weltkarte
@deanhills:
Yes I love to dive!

If you like to dive in Thailand, dont go to Koh Samui. There is not much to see there. Better go to Krabi or Phuket for the islands inbetween (Koh PhiPhi, etc.). Dont expect too much fish but there is nice underwater landscape including caves you can dive into.

Other Option is a several day trip to Similan Islands (from Phuket/Khao Lak). There you can find everything....

If you have more time consider to take a boat that goes into Myanmar (north of Similan). I heard there are great dives but unfortunately never been there!

Let me know in case you like to hear more.
donnuh
I have been to malaysia and I was like amazed by seeing this beautiful country!
I just loved MALAYSIA!
rogue_skydragon
Yes, my friend's family is Malaysian, and they keep telling me just how boring the country is in comparison to its more liberal neighbors. If I do end up visiting Malaysia one day, Thailand and more specifically Bangkok will definitely be on my itinerary. Happy travels!
muhiuddin
Its islamic country.