FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thank you, Truespeed!

GoldenEagle
I just wanted to publicly thank Truespeed for all of the help they have provided. They have donated ~ 200 coins to help me out with getting my .com domain!

Only 16 more coins to get to make my request! I'm definitely anxiously awaiting getting enough coins to take care of this and begin my actual ad campaign for The Treasure Trade!

Thanks for all of the help, Truespeed!
celebi269
Wow, congratulations. I hope you'll be successful in what you're doing!
GoldenEagle
I shouldn't have any problem whatsoever once I get over the initial hump of getting people on the site. I used to run a successful (albeit small) Magic: The Gathering trade forum before I went off to college. Of course it lacked many important features, like a feedback system, but I wasn't smart enough to implement them. Now I'm totally ready with these features. Smile

Of course the hardest part is getting the initial people on the site, especially when the forum based on commerce. You can't sell something if no one is on the site. Each person that joins (even if they never post) is an immense step in the correct direction toward getting the community built and working.
truespeed
No worries,i could see you were eager to get your site up and running and i had no current need for them.

Good luck with your site GoldenEagle,i know how hard it is to get a site (And especially a forum) going,more so now with a facebook dominated internet.
GoldenEagle
Of course you can't do what my site does with Facebook. The idea is that's like Craigslist, but you can buy, sell, or trade long distances without worrying since there's a really good feedback system in place. Anyone can leave a feedback for a person they traded with, so it'd harder for a person to start ripping people off, especially for any period of time. It's really a good system and it has worked in other sectors.

No listing fees, no closing fees, and there's going to be an actual community on it! That's something you don't get with buying or selling on Ebay : A place to buy or sell without fees and a community.

It's really a novel idea.
coolclay
What kind of things are to be traded on this site of yours? Is it going to be like craigslist a little bit of everything? It does sound like a great idea in theory, but just like so many socially based web ideas, success is entirely based on the critical mass theory. Good luck and if it does become a reality be sure to let us all know!
GoldenEagle
coolclay wrote:
What kind of things are to be traded on this site of yours? Is it going to be like craigslist a little bit of everything? It does sound like a great idea in theory, but just like so many socially based web ideas, success is entirely based on the critical mass theory. Good luck and if it does become a reality be sure to let us all know!

The critical mas theory is very true! I want it to eventually be a little bit of everything, but mostly focused around around buying, selling, and trading hobby-related items like coins, antiques, old bottles, vintage advertising, metal detecting, trading cards, video games and stuff like that.

I ran one a little while ago that was just dedicated to Magic with a different provider, but then I went to college and wasn't able to keep up with the requirements. I also lacked a good feedback system so having that now is helpful.
adri
Looks like you finally made it GoldenEagle. Smile Good luck with your website and your domainname. Smile
Also a very nice gesture of truespeed and all the other friendly people that donated to GoldenEagle. Wink

adri
deanhills
You must be a mathematical genius GoldenEagle, how did you work it that you did just the right number of postings today to make the exact amount of coins for the domain? Stroke of genius!

By the way, congratulations. You deserve it!
GoldenEagle
Haha, it was just a simple math problem.

I needed 15 pooints

x^.6 = 15

Solve for x.

But then people just helped me out by donating coins and it was all moot. Smile
standready
Congratulations GoldenEagle and good luck with your website. Very kind of truespped to pass along the Coins!