FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DOOM....a old epic game.

SC__Programmer
Has anyone played DOOM here?

If so has anybody won it?

Ive won both the PC version and the PSP version(the PSP one was harder Wink )
Nameless
True fact: I have never played Doom. Not even for five minutes. I've played one or two other FPSs from around that era and don't really feel the need to try another.

Now Doom, the Roguelike ... Very Happy
SC__Programmer
lol...by the screen shots of that it looks really low quality Smile

and how could you?Doom is awesome! Very Happy
TrueFact
Never won Doom! I used to play it when I needed to waste sometime. Same thing for Blood.

Yes it was low quality but set the way for generation of FPS to come to life. For some reason, I preferred Quake II when it came out. Quake II made me the FPS addict I am now Smile
GoldenEagle
TrueFact wrote:
Never won Doom! I used to play it when I needed to waste sometime. Same thing for Blood.

Yes it was low quality but set the way for generation of FPS to come to life. For some reason, I preferred Quake II when it came out. Quake II made me the FPS addict I am now Smile

I tried playing Quake but just couldn't handle the choppy graphics even at the time. The FPS available now have a seamless and smooth ability to aim and move around that was lacking back then. I ended just getting frustrated and I think I sold the game back Funcoland. (Remember them? Now that is a long time ago)
David_Pardy
I recently bought the entire Doom collection on Steam.

And I'm using ZDoom to play through the first Doom from scratch.

Doom at 1920x1080 with 5.1 surround sound and WASD+Mouse controls is a totally different beast, and a LOT of fun! Smile
achowles
I have played both the PC and SNES versions of the game. The SNES version lacked ceiling and wall textures and was a fair more difficult to play using a controller. But as rough as it was it was my introduction to FPS. I can't remember if I completed that version, but I did complete the PC version of the game. Well, the standard version at least. Not Final Doom.
weableandbob
I bought the Steam Quakecon pack a while ago which included all the id and Bethesda games on Steam, so I have all the Doom games. I've only played the first one, but I haven't beated it yet :/