FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SEO/Advertising before .Com Domain

GoldenEagle
I am going to be getting a .com domain relatively soon (depending on when the coinage decides to cooperate). I am guessing that it's best to begin backlinking and developing a following after officially getting my .com domain.

Of course, I have a forum, so I'm dancing with the problem of not having people (I just started 4 days ago) and not being able to roll out the site to potential users.

Would I be better off just sitting on the site and limiting my linking until after I get the .com domain, or just rolling out the site to new users and adding the .com afterward?

As of now, the site layout is crip and ready, but the .com isn't!

http://www.thetreasuretrade.frihost.org/forum/
watersoul
I'd get everything ready and only share it with the world when the .com address is available.
Not influenced by SEO or anything just simply with a mind of making it simple for people to learn your 'brand' and remember it easily.
deanhills
GoldenEagle wrote:
Would I be better off just sitting on the site and limiting my linking until after I get the .com domain, or just rolling out the site to new users and adding the .com afterward?
You've got a very good momentum going. Fortune is smiling on you! Very Happy I'd just go for it while the going is so good, and when you get your domain create a mirror Website out of the sub-domain that will re-direct people to your domain Website. I'd however leave the publicity campaign with search engines until after the new domain has been sorted out.