FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Turkish Moderator

manyakbey
Admin, as I mentioned the title so we need moderated Turks. Forum rules are being ignored every day. Maybe you do not care, but we are part of the board turkhis concerns the Turks. Now we would like a Turkish MODERATOR.

Neglected Topics:

1. Flood.
2. Spamming
3. Blasphemy
4. Explains everything and more already, this 4-neglect

If you ask me because I want to be moderated Darkeaqle'nin I'm sure he will do a good moderator. Of course, this is my opinion. But the Turks can start a poll in the forum users can select Turks moderator. Thanks ..
standready
In the mean time, One thing you can do is report any topic that violates Frihost's terms. There is a 'report' button (upper right corner) on each reply as well as "report this topic" below the 'post reply' at the bottom of the topic.
Reporting will bring items to the attention of the current mods. Be sure to give a clear explanation (in English) since probably most mods are not fluent in the language.
SC__Programmer
well i havent been around long enough to see how mods work but i would say the concerned ones should be able to be a mod!

If someone spends enough time reporting stuff then they obviously care about the forums and they should become a mod Very Happy
LittleBlackKitten
This isn't a new issue, it's been a problem for well over 6 months. Maybe the Turkish board needs to be closed.
coolclay
Like Standready said, just report them, from my experience reports get answered fairly quickly. I would assume others mods could also go to the turks forum, and whip things into shape.
adri
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
This isn't a new issue, it's been a problem for well over 6 months. Maybe the Turkish board needs to be closed.

Well not just 6 months... DarkEagle first made a topic back in october 2009 and made another topic in december 2010.

It's actually quite a big minus on speed to solve issues, here on Frihost. Confused

adri
deanhills
adri wrote:
LittleBlackKitten wrote:

Well not just 6 months... DarkEagle first made a topic back in october 2009 and made another topic in december 2010.

It's actually quite a big minus on speed to solve issues, here on Frihost. Confused

adri
Perhaps a simple answer is that there is no solution. So possibly it could be an idea for them to start their own Discussion Forum? Then they get to choose their own Moderators? Maybe it could be linked in with Frihost, and if they have a good Web developer amongst themselves they can even work on creating a language forum of sorts where we can learn more about Turkey and learn to speak the language? There could be two discussion Forums, one in English for discussing information about Turkey, and the other in Turkish for Turks. Idea
adri
deanhills wrote:
Perhaps a simple answer is that there is no solution. So possibly it could be an idea for them to start their own Discussion Forum? Then they get to choose their own Moderators? Maybe it could be linked in with Frihost, and if they have a good Web developer amongst themselves they can even work on creating a language forum of sorts where we can learn more about Turkey and learn to speak the language? There could be two discussion Forums, one in English for discussing information about Turkey, and the other in Turkish for Turks. Idea

That would be way more difficult than just giving 1 decent user a "Language Moderator" Status. It's not that a language Moderator can do an awful lot of harm... (Ok he can (delete?) or close topics, change titles and posts but that's about it, he cannot change anything dramatically on this forum (and he can only do this on the language forums)).

Making a separate forum would give some users more power than giving 1 user a Language Moderator status and by the way you would need to find a way to let the points go through the big database and so on and so on...

It's all about trust mainly. Smile

adri
deanhills
adri wrote:
deanhills wrote:

That would be way more difficult than just giving 1 decent user a "Language Moderator" Status. It's not that a language Moderator can do an awful lot of harm... (Ok he can (delete?) or close topics, change titles and posts but that's about it, he cannot change anything dramatically on this forum (and he can only do this on the language forums)).

Making a separate forum would give some users more power than giving 1 user a Language Moderator status and by the way you would need to find a way to let the points go through the big database and so on and so on...

It's all about trust mainly. Smile

adri
Sorry, my suggestion must have been confusing. I meant more along the lines of an independent Website. We all get free Website space. So if we have our own discussion forums, surely we get to appoint our own moderators? That was what my suggestion was about. I'd most certainly not wait two years for a solution. I'd look somewhere else for solutions or take charge myself in a positive way.
ankitdatashn
Why do people forget the rules, (of the forum)
I suppose they wanna appear as fools, Very Happy
Let's kick those people out,
Nobody will dare again to flout (the rules I mean) Smile
adri
deanhills wrote:
Sorry, my suggestion must have been confusing. I meant more along the lines of an independent Website. We all get free Website space. So if we have our own discussion forums, surely we get to appoint our own moderators? That was what my suggestion was about. I'd most certainly not wait two years for a solution. I'd look somewhere else for solutions or take charge myself in a positive way.

You could do that indeed and it would solve the problem but most members (in the Turkish forums) post because they earn points by that and therfor they can keep their hosting. So the independent forum would be much less active... With that in mind, I posted my previous message (aka linking the independent forum database with the big database here).

adri