FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

VistaPrint Free Business Cards?

GoldenEagle
Has anyone ever used Vistapritn for free business cards? I was thinking about doing them, but I wasn't sure how many free bathes I'd be able to get. Does anyone know if you get the free batch (I think it's 200) multiple times?

Thanks!
deanhills
I checked the Website out. Looks OK, but could not find the "catch" at first glance as there must be a way they have to make money out of it as it does look like a business Website. Maybe if you try it out you could let us know? Looks pretty simple to just do it.
GoldenEagle
They only give you a few choices to select from for the free cards, but they are large 19.99 for other layouts and 25.99 to use your own images and layouts. Looks like they use the free stuff to get people to their site, which certainly isn't a bad thing.
deanhills
GoldenEagle wrote:
They only give you a few choices to select from for the free cards, but they are large 19.99 for other layouts and 25.99 to use your own images and layouts. Looks like they use the free stuff to get people to their site, which certainly isn't a bad thing.
Right! On the other hand it is quite easy to do those cards yourself. I have tried a few of the Business Card Stationery Labels and they work very well with MS-Publisher. Then last week discovered that Word 2010 has plenty of templates for Business Cards as well. I may just try those next time round, and then experiment whether I could print them on plain paper, laminate and cut them with a guillotine.
standready
GoldenEagle wrote:
Looks like they use the free stuff to get people to their site

Exactly! Try our product for free and hopefully you will 'buy' from us when you run out.
I did try their 'freebie' once. Nothing wrong with their product except that it limited my choice. Now, I have Avery business card creator software and print my own 2 sided cards on business card stock.
GoldenEagle
standready wrote:
GoldenEagle wrote:
Looks like they use the free stuff to get people to their site

Exactly! Try our product for free and hopefully you will 'buy' from us when you run out.
I did try their 'freebie' once. Nothing wrong with their product except that it limited my choice. Now, I have Avery business card creator software and print my own 2 sided cards on business card stock.

This likely costs more. I'd imagine with the niche market my site will take up, cutting costs in exchange for a slightly lower quality advertising may be necessary at first.