FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sony Hacked Again!!!

SC__Programmer
Well sony got hacked again...all apart of the GeoHot thing lol.

source: http://wololo.net/wagic/2011/06/09/sonys-racketware/
deanhills
I agree with the author of the article in the link. Sony can't be that vigilant for it to have been hacked like that.

Elsewhere in the Forums I read that the FBI has infiltrated hackers online, so first thought that went through my head was .... blimey, the FBI has managed to hack into Sony .... Twisted Evil
godbandos
They said that they have caught 3 of the hackers lol. Just 3.
deanhills
godbandos wrote:
They said that they have caught 3 of the hackers lol. Just 3.
Wonder whether some of them are from the FBI (refer post by Navigator in World News Section). Twisted Evil
SC__Programmer
nah...sony has always had weak security,just look at their products Wink

Theres alot of hackers out there that supported and donated to GeoHot,and when sony brought on sueing they got mad and started looking for exploits in Sony's Store.

So when the first group hacked it(anonymous) they shared the exploit with the other group,then that other group continued to look for a exploit when Sony was rebuilding.and when Sony finished and got everything back up they took a little break for Sony to believe they had enough security.
Then thats when they striked Sony.

As far as i can see it they are going to take down Sony until Sony stops all the pethetic stuff,and once again to prove GeoHots "Bigger Picture" <-- I totally agree with GeoHot!
deanhills
Well, hopefully something really good will come out of it for excellent security for Sony. I remember when Microsoft had serious security issues as well at one point, and the public exposure (through hacking) got them to really pay attention. Twisted Evil
nepalstar
Ha...! Shocked Shocked Sony hacked again...!!
missdixy
So this all started because they sued that man mentioned in the article? I was wondering why in the heck Sony is being so specifically targeted. Oh well. It sucks that people's information can be so easily stolen, but I can also sort of see the other side to this.... Wink
vidafenomenal
is this an old news.
zhaoying
deanhills wrote:
I agree with the author of the article in the link. Sony can't be that vigilant for it to have been hacked like that.

Elsewhere in the Forums I read that the FBI has infiltrated hackers online, so first thought that went through my head was .... blimey, the FBI has managed to hack into Sony .... Twisted Evil

Very funny!
spinout
I think there is nothing to hack! most of sony is free so it was just a demonstration!
kirii
vidafenomenal wrote:
is this an old news.

yeah it was Confused
why hacking sony?hack apple would be better Rolling Eyes
shivaghimire
kirii wrote:
vidafenomenal wrote:
is this an old news.

yeah it was Confused
why hacking sony?hack apple would be better Rolling Eyes

hacking.. hacking.. hacking.... really old.. hacking apple?? waiting for the news..
achowles
This just in: Sony hacked again! This time by a kitten who fell asleep on a keyboard.

Sony's army of lawyers have responded by demanding that all kitty treats are withheld for a week as punishment. Animal rights activists are enraged.
deanhills
achowles wrote:
This just in: Sony hacked again! This time by a kitten who fell asleep on a keyboard.

Sony's army of lawyers have responded by demanding that all kitty treats are withheld for a week as punishment. Animal rights activists are enraged.

Good one .... Very Happy

Is this the culprit?
Radar
I agree. There are precautions to take against being hacked, but if you're a likely target, it's not surprising to get hacked sooner or later.
achowles
deanhills wrote:
Is this the culprit?

Cutest perpetrator ever. Very Happy

Radar wrote:
I agree. There are precautions to take against being hacked, but if you're a likely target, it's not surprising to get hacked sooner or later.

For a major international corporation to get repeatedly hacked over and over again is not at all common. Even after Lulzsec there is still only that one corporation that has been repeatedly publicly humiliated like this. It's mostly because of their weak security and the fact that they apparently still haven't fixed most of the exploits that the hackers used the first time around.

In short, while I would not normally blame the victim, Sony has taken on the responsibility of safeguarding people's data and they're clearly not at all up to the task. For that I do blame them. It's almost as fraudulent as the uses this stolen data may now be put to.