FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is good for pregnant woman?

lovescience
What do pregnant woman or her baby need when she is pregnant?
deanhills
I'm not knowledgable, but off the bat would say regular medical check-ups with a doctor she is comfortable with. A healthy diet, like everyone else. Make sure she gets regular exercise, doesn't gain too much weight. Be very careful and vigilant with what she takes in with regard to cigarette smoke, alcohol, and drugs of any kind, especially prescribed drugs EVEN if those drugs are prescribed by her own doctor.
weedog
deanhills wrote:
I'm not knowledgable, but off the bat would say regular medical check-ups with a doctor she is comfortable with. A healthy diet, like everyone else. Make sure she gets regular exercise, doesn't gain too much weight. Be very careful and vigilant with what she takes in with regard to cigarette smoke, alcohol, and drugs of any kind, especially prescribed drugs EVEN if those drugs are prescribed by her own doctor.

I would agree.

If possible, stay off alcohol and cigarettes all together and you don't need to increase your diet (the whole 'eating-for-two' is a myth and will just make you fat). Also 400g folic acid is highly recommended (and in fact advised in the UK) in the months before and after conception to prevent neural tube disorders such as spina bifida.
deanhills
weedog wrote:
If possible, stay off alcohol and cigarettes all together and you don't need to increase your diet (the whole 'eating-for-two' is a myth and will just make you fat). Also 400g folic acid is highly recommended (and in fact advised in the UK) in the months before and after conception to prevent neural tube disorders such as spina bifida.
The latter is an excellent point. My sisters had to take those, also some multi-vitamins. Very Happy
sudipbanerjee
regular health check up, fresh and healthy diet. always keep your mind refresh. spend quality time with partners
nigam
milk, vegetables and fruits especially banana....it is high in potassium which is good for the baby....my wife used to eat 2-3pcs. of banana everyday.....
mshafiq
1,000 mcg (1 mg) of folic acid every day during pregnancy. Folic acid can help prevent problems with your baby's brain and spinal cord. It is best to start taking folic acid before you get pregnant.
mshafiq
Excercise also has a healthy effect on pregnency

A pregnant woman that do exercise during pregnancy will find it easier to give birth than those women who did not exercise during pregnancy
mshafiq
sitting down during pregnency is also good practic
jwellsy
Pregnant women instinctively and subliminally tend to create a 'nest' in the home for the upcoming demands.
vidafenomenal
no too much oil, no fried foods. More nutritions, healthy life method.
lovescience
Definitely no alcohol, less than one cup of coffee a day. Do not take raw fish, soft cheese and left over food without cook before eat. Because some bacteria could be in those. Choose fish without toxic chemical.

Milk, egg, salmon, green leaf vegetables, banana, and potato, these are good to have.
mengshi200
excepting stay off alcohol and cigarettes ,no oat,no aubergine,no pepper,no coffee,no Jerusalem pony,no rabbit,no gutterbird,no frog,no crab claw.

weedog wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I would agree.

ms_j
A lot of things. I do not get this question because the person that asked it, posted one of the answers later Confused

mshafiq wrote:
sitting down during pregnency is also good practic

Not! Only if there is some kind of a problem and the doctors orders it. Otherwise it is good to take walks especially in the late stages. It helps with the birth (natural one).
Mrs Lycos
Very important (and nobody told me, not even the doctors, which caused some unpleasant effects not knowing this) is to use some skin lotions and cremes (neutral of course) on your belly, because the skin is elastic, but you have to help it or it will come to a point where it passes the point of elasticity and literally breaks, leaving those stretch marks that will not go away.
likeanju
According to me Pregnant ladies should eat more because they have to feed their babies.They should drink milk and eat green vegetables.
myqute
Here's why Milk isn't as Healthy As Most Think:
http://www.naturalchild.org/guest/linda_folden_palmer.html
http://www.suite101.com/content/benefits-of-drinking​-almond-milk-for-those-with-allergies-to-milk-a316316
http://www.notmilk.com/

And in my own Facebook notes (opened to public): http://www.facebook.com/notes/kelly-kc/5-questions-and-answers-about-milk/254203131270360

Animals' milk (not just the antibiotics) tend to boost a pregnant woman's hormones IGF-1, which is responsible for division of all cancer cells. During pregnancy, the defense mechanisms that protects an expectant mother from cancer DO NOT WORK. Therefore, additional animal hormones from animals' milk will actually boost that IGF-1 hormones responsible for spreading cancer cells. (Normal levels of IGF-1 in humans do not boost cancer.)

Pregnant women can still have calcium-rich and iron-rich foods without milk. Here are 2 sample recipes that the whole family can enjoy:

Kidney Beans, Artichoke and Mushrooms: http://www.facebook.com/notes/kelly-kc/kidney-beans-artichoke-and-mushrooms-cooked-recipe/25263504476050​2

Chestnuts and Vege: http://www.facebook.com/notes/kelly-kc/chestnuts-and-vege/252651748092165