FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How can we improve the relationship China & Japan?





inuyasha
As is known to all, the relationship between Japan and China, because of the Anti-Japanese War, has been worsen.
In the past six decades, many TV shows in China impressed most Chinese with a bad image of Japanese. They are commonly considered attacksive, stupid, ugly, etc.
While in Japan, it's said that many of Japanese citizens looked down upon stingy Chinese because they focus on the history too much.

Is there any possibility to improve the relationship? some teenagers born in 1980s and 1990s love Japanese animations, TV series and films. But that's just the minority. Exclusionism seems quite common in both countries, though many realized that "they" are not unfriendly.
deanhills
This is a difficult question. Particularly since China is at odds with the world from a human rights point of view, and is aggressively competitive with regard to domineering the world economy. China also stopped exporting oil to Japan last year, so perhaps the relationship is getting worse, not better. There are just so many differences between the cultures of the two countries. I don't know how the relationship between the two could ever be reconciled.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
I don't know how the relationship between the two could ever be reconciled.

Economic trade and eventual co-dependency.

Heck, Japan and the USA were in quite a bloody war with each other... and the US nuked them... but due to trade relationships that's all but forgotten.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:
I don't know how the relationship between the two could ever be reconciled.

Economic trade and eventual co-dependency.

Heck, Japan and the USA were in quite a bloody war with each other... and the US nuked them... but due to trade relationships that's all but forgotten.
Agreed. This argument does have merit. Would be dangerous for the US though from the point of view that collectively China and Japan would have a majority ownership of the US from a debt point of view?
shivaghimire
Japan, Korea and China are very much closely related in many aspects like traditions, culture and so on. But indirect war between Japan and China is due to trade and business of electrical appliances China is able to supply its products with the study of income status of other countries. They can supply products in cheap to poor people and supply qualitative goods to high income group in expensive price. Mostly, Japanese products are expensive. Chinese products have dominated the world so there is problem in the market of Japanese products so, there is indirect war between them. Also, both are emerging Asian countries who can compete to USA, in present situation.
So, to stop cool war between China and Japan, Japan should be able to provide goods according to income status of people of other countries as China did or they should determine the price and quality of products they used to export.
deanhills
shivaghimire wrote:
So, to stop cool war between China and Japan, Japan should be able to provide goods according to income status of people of other countries as China did or they should determine the price and quality of products they used to export.
So do you mean there is a trade war on between China and Japan and that they are competing heavily in electronic goods? I thought the aggressor was more China trying to make inroads in everyone's markets, including Japan's?
loremar
With what is happening right now, China bullying other asian countries, not to mention my country the Philippines and Japan's recent tragedy, China's really going to get big headed and thinks he rule the world. Not to mention that china already seems to be dominating the world economically and to add with that the fact that China is about 1 point something billion in population. That is really scary.
deanhills
loremar wrote:
With what is happening right now, China bullying other asian countries, not to mention my country the Philippines and Japan's recent tragedy, China's really going to get big headed and thinks he rule the world. Not to mention that china already seems to be dominating the world economically and to add with that the fact that China is about 1 point something billion in population. That is really scary.
I think the last part of your post is what counts. However Japan is pretty formidable in its share of the world economy too. It may be a little vulnerable now, but I'm dead certain it will recover. The Japanese are very resilient if you look at their history, they've been able to deal with China for centuries.
loremar
I think China's going to get even more stronger now that they're beginning to extract the oil reserves in the South China Sea (we prefer to call it the Western Philippine Sea applying the rules for economic zones but Philippines has no power in this world so we just let it be). With US struggling, Japan on its knees, China may take advantage. This is expected studying on recent activities by China in terms of economics and military expansions. In the future, Japan and other Asian countries can do nothing but adjust to China's influence. Maybe it's about time to study how to speak mandarin don't you think?
deanhills
loremar wrote:
I think China's going to get even more stronger now that they're beginning to extract the oil reserves in the South China Sea (we prefer to call it the Western Philippine Sea applying the rules for economic zones but Philippines has no power in this world so we just let it be). With US struggling, Japan on its knees, China may take advantage. This is expected studying on recent activities by China in terms of economics and military expansions. In the future, Japan and other Asian countries can do nothing but adjust to China's influence. Maybe it's about time to study how to speak mandarin don't you think?
If there is oil involved, I'm dead certain the United States may be lurking somewhere. It will no doubt have their attention. Smile
loremar
deanhills wrote:
If there is oil involved, I'm dead certain the United States may be lurking somewhere. It will no doubt have their attention. Smile


The oil in South China Sea already got their attention. In fact they proposed to Australia to place a huge US base on them facing the South China Sea in case China power trips and US would take advantage of it.
deanhills
loremar wrote:
deanhills wrote:
If there is oil involved, I'm dead certain the United States may be lurking somewhere. It will no doubt have their attention. Smile


The oil in South China Sea already got their attention. In fact they proposed to Australia to place a huge US base on them facing the South China Sea in case China power trips and US would take advantage of it.
I'm sure that must make countries like the Philippines happy to have the US around then? Smile
roe_seal
We can make good relations between China and Japan by creating lots of programs aimed at cooperation between both nations such as dialogues and cultural exchanges.
deanhills
roe_seal wrote:
We can make good relations between China and Japan by creating lots of programs aimed at cooperation between both nations such as dialogues and cultural exchanges.
Right, but that depends on whether they want to cooperate or not. If countries want to cooperate, they will use any program available to do so. Smile
Related topics
Japanese Association Condemns History Textbooks
fav country (and why?)
Taiwan- China or U.S.
Book Recommendations
Myself.
my world rocks
china&japan~
collapse of USA
Edited History?
Global War I
At what point can the US trillions of debt be called in?
‘Sign This Paper or You Will Die’ -- Gypsies sterilized
One Piece
currency war betwent china & usa
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Politics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.