FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Referral system rewards

Bondings
I'm currently creating a referral system where you get Coins for referring new users to Frihost.

You would get rewarded if the referred user reaches certain amounts of posts (or other potential measures of activity). In practice this would be at the start:
*Reaching 10 posts.
*Reaching 100 posts.
*Reaching 500 posts.

I will most likely make the system semi-automatic, only needing a final approval (you won't be rewarded for spammers or copy/paste users and similar). Of course if we get reports (or notice) you spamming the referral link, you'll get a big warning and won't get the coins.

Anyway, what do you think would be good amounts of Coins to give for these referrals? (Please note that the rewards are separate, it is if a user gets to 500 posts and you get a reward for it, you should have gotten a reward for 10 and 100 posts already.)
cybersa
My Idea:
10 Post = 5 Coins.
100 post = 25Coins
500 Post = 100 coins
GoldenEagle
I think doubling them wouldn't be too much of a problem. We only get a fraction of users who sign up and make it to 5 posts really.

My idea:
10 Post = 5 Coins.
100 post = 25Coins
500 Post = 100 coins
Nameless
Five coins seems like kind of nothing for the the initial referral, and ten posts could easily be lazy spam before the referee became bored. I'd recommend something more like:

25 posts - 25 coins
100 posts - 25 coins
500 posts - 50 coins
deanhills
I'd go for a mixture between Nameless and GoldenEagle's suggestion. I.e. there should be a bigger incentive to start off tapering down, and then a point where the reward will stop. Hopefully Frihost would then be the incentive for staying. Something along the lines of:

25 posts = 25 coins
10 coins for each hundred posts after that up to 525 posts, and have it stop then, for a total reward of 75 coins for 525 posts per referral.
Bondings
The problem with using 25 posts for the first reward is that most new users don't even reach that (unfortunately). I don't think it would be a big enough incentive to make the referral system attractive to use and that way hopefully get a lot of new users.

By the way, the referral will be http://www.frihost.com/?r=<your_user_id> (this part is already working).
sonam
Bondings wrote:
The problem with using 25 posts for the first reward is that most new users don't even reach that (unfortunately). I don't think it would be a big enough incentive to make the referral system attractive to use and that way hopefully get a lot of new users.

By the way, the referral will be http://www.frihost.com/?r=<your_user_id> (this part is already working).

Inactivity is reason why I suggest more then three "number of posts" for rewarding.

10 Post = 5 coins
25 Post = 10 coins
50 Post = 15 coins
100 post = 20 coins
200 post = 20 coins
300 Post = 20 coins
400 Post = 20 coins
500 Post = 20 coins

Sonam
Bondings
I'm going to go with sonam's system with some slight modifications.

10 Post = 10 coins
25 Post = 10 coins
50 Post = 10 coins
100 post = 10 coins
200 post = 15 coins
300 Post = 15 coins
400 Post = 15 coins
500 Post = 15 coins
Total = 100 coins/user maximum
Bondings
It's ready. I created a blog post about it and an announcement.

Please use it (a lot)! It would be great to get a few interesting new users this way! Very Happy
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
It's ready. I created a blog post about it and an announcement.

Please use it (a lot)! It would be great to get a few interesting new users this way! Very Happy
I'll definitely work on this. I'm just wondering, any merit for someone to check through the "Golden Oldie" members and ask them to come back for a little while? Maybe we can give them an incentive of some added coins to start off with? They'd obviously be Frihosters who have a good number of posts already and fall in a "real character" category? It would be easy to pick them out by working through a list of Frihosters (ranked by number of posts) in descending order who have not posted for "X" number of months/years?