FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP3 and other music files are forbidden on our servers.

Jack_Hammer
Why is this, does that mean that I cannot make a website with internal streaming of music videos?, even though I have the right by all of the repective owners to show this media?
dan751
If that is the case, then I do believe it would be ok to have them, however, you would need special permission for Bondings.
Jack_Hammer
In the rules it says no exceptions to the rule...
Confused

I'm quite worried because if there arn't any music / music videos aloud even ones with copyright and permission from all respective owners it means my site mite be blown to bits, because that was a key part of it...
babumuchhala
i think u need to show him the legal,txt and prove it to him that you own all the rights to streanthem and u r not violating any law whatsoever. If u can prove tis to him i am sure he wont deny u the permission.

But remember You Need to Prove that you own every right to use them & stream them LEGALLY
Jack_Hammer
I'll just link to off site material instead I think, it will also save space.
Smile
Remzo
This means we cant play music on our sites?

I mean, I think redistributing music is unacceptable but playing it cant be bad, can it?
dan751
Remzo wrote:

I mean, I think redistributing music is unacceptable but playing it cant be bad, can it?

Playing it in itself isn't bad. Hosting it on our webspace that Bondings has provided, is.
Remzo
dan751 wrote:
Remzo wrote:

Playing it in itself isn't bad. Hosting it on our webspace the Bondings has provided, is.

Alright, thanks alot for filling me in Smile
tidruG
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Smile
Even the offsite material you link to must be legal. I think Bondings occassionally makes exceptions to the "no mp3/streaming media on our servers rule" if you can prove you have the legal rights over the media you want to stream.
Jack_Hammer
tidruG wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Smile
Even the offsite material you link to must be legal. I think Bondings occassionally makes exceptions to the "no mp3/streaming media on our servers rule" if you can prove you have the legal rights over the media you want to stream.

Thanks tidruG,
Smile

I guess I'll just have to prove I have the legal permission then...
coolpages
i dont think having mp3 uploading on the servers is aloud...even if you have the legal rights from respective members of the albums...

but i could be wrong. check with the admin. idk maybe it is aloud...but as far as i know about this - its not allowed...
yah00s-fbi-tec
Hmmm, i was thinking the same thing becaus all the sites i design include streaming audio as a key component. Audio sets up the mood for the website and adds a sense of 'coolness'. LOL