FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rules regarding images and links

GoldenEagle
I read through the rules for the site and it was not immediately clear:

Are there any rules against posting images and links to sites? I don't want to post an image of a cool coin or antique I have in the Hobbies section and get in trouble. From my understanding, something like this would be fine, but I just wanted to check before I get in trouble.
Thanks!
Bikerman
That shouldn't be a problem. Here's a few guidelines
a) If you post an image, edit it first so that it is a maximum of around 600*600 (otherwise it causes the thread to require horizontal scrolling which is a pain).
b) Try to keep the image a reasonable size - loading very high res images slows things down for everyone.
c) If you post an image from a third party, please cite it properly (ie clearly identify the source)
d) Posting links to sites is OK so long as they are not 'pay' sites or adult/warez materials.
ocalhoun
I would also add that posting random links for commercial interests is likely to be considered spam, especially if unsolicited... and especially if it is not part of a good post or in the wrong forum, et cetera.

What you're talking about sounds fine though. It's generally only people who try to use Frihost as advertising space to sell stuff that will get deleted as spam.