FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you could turn back time, what age R U?

chasbeen
I'm waking up in the morning but I'm in a different but very familiar house.
I look around and I see school books and some unfinished math homework.
I lie awake and hear a voice shouting up the stairs about being late for school.
Did I dream about being an adult?
I lean over and finish the homework in 2 minutes after getting over being ten again.
I don't know why I have gone back decades I'm only 10 and still have the knowledge of a 40 year old and a good idea about yet to happen history,

IF YOU WENT BACK WHAT AGE WOULD YOU BE?
badai
what, you wanna be a 20 years old trap in 10 years old body, or 30 years old trap in 5 years old body?

it's your choice, as long as you can accept behaving like 10 years/5 years and being treated as 10/5 years old. otherwise, be grateful.

and remember, if you turn someone to a pedophile, it's your fault, no matter how old your body is, because your mind is old enough to know what you did is wrong, and perverted.
Nameless
Zero.

Retaining my awareness and memories as a baby, I would then proceed to make my parents millionaires from TV interviews alone. As soon as I was old enough for it to be practical, I'd then bet large chunks of that money on whatever arbitrary events I could recall from history. Now being super-rich, I'd donate most of it to feeding the poor, keep the rest and change my name for a breezy life out of the spotlight.
wellerchap
Early teens for me.....I'd make sure I turned one or two corners in my life I failed to turn in reality - corners that should've led to a more interesting and rewarding adult life...going to Art College, getting the Graphic Arts qualifications (pre-computer-aided-design days), working in Design & generally making a better life for me and my family than I have done, in a dead-end job most of my life.
chasbeen
Wellerchap
It's never
Too
Late ,tomorrow is the 1st day of the rest of your life...
Ask yourself What is holding you back?
spinout
yes early teens here too! shit - this would be great! I probably would live the greatest life ever!!!

I would love this. please let time exit and let me travel!
chasbeen
Interesting that someone said they would not like going through that age again because of being scolded by your parents.

Just think how interesting it would be to face the same challenges.
Armed with secret wisdom how much better you could handle it.

Indeed actually build on the experience that you actually have.
missdixy
21 forever -- that's the youngest age that is still old enough to drink here in the U.S Very Happy
Utopia GFR
I'd probably be something like 17 or 18 years old Very Happy

Nevertheless, I'm not really complaining about my actual age Very Happy

I had the opportunity to be part of the 90's generation, I'm glad about that (especially regarding music and art) Smile

Now one thing I wouldn't like to experience again is going back to my high school years and getting a nice scolding from my parents because I didn't really do my homework Very Happy

I just had so much fun with my friends back then when I was a teenager and I guess I really miss those years.

20 years later, I don't feel like an old-fashioned guy! Very Happy

And I meet lots of people (including 20+ people who sometimes tell me that they don't fit in the younger generations, they wish they were much older) Very Happy

The memory remains as people say (and older people can have as much fun as younger ones) Smile

chasbeen wrote:
I'm waking up in the morning but I'm in a different but very familiar house.
I look around and I see school books and some unfinished math homework.
I lie awake and hear a voice shouting up the stairs about being late for school.
Did I dream about being an adult?
I lean over and finish the homework in 2 minutes after getting over being ten again.
I don't know why I have gone back decades I'm only 10 and still have the knowledge of a 40 year old and a good idea about yet to happen history,

IF YOU WENT BACK WHAT AGE WOULD YOU BE?
Asap170
Early teens. I made so many mistakes and idiotic mistakes. Heck I probably could have a girlfriend if I didn't say something. But you can't as of now so I'm screwed.
deanhills
I'm with Nameless. I'd like to go back to zero. I wonder however whether any of it will be different though. I like the Buddhist approach of accepting that life is a challenge and then get to appreciate the fun parts that much more when fun comes your way. No one has to be a perfect package to do that.
Bikerman
What has that got to do with Buddhism?
Buddhism teaches that life is suffering and the goal of life is to end that suffering, by freeing oneself from attachment to impermanent things.
To characterise that as 'accepting life is a challenge' is reducto ad absurdum.
wellerchap
chasbeen wrote:
Wellerchap
It's never
Too
Late ,tomorrow is the 1st day of the rest of your life...
Ask yourself What is holding you back?

Wife....daughter....mortgage......responsibilities.
Ghost900
Nameless wrote:
Zero.

Retaining my awareness and memories as a baby, I would then proceed to make my parents millionaires from TV interviews alone. As soon as I was old enough for it to be practical, I'd then bet large chunks of that money on whatever arbitrary events I could recall from history. Now being super-rich, I'd donate most of it to feeding the poor, keep the rest and change my name for a breezy life out of the spotlight.

Very nice use of an age time machine. Looking at your user name "Nameless" I think you do pretty well staying out of the spotlight.

For me I would jump back to 16 or something and relive the years, I enjoy my years now but I will get back to these years eventually. I would also have joined Frihost sooner or maybe developed Facebook, not sure what I would do.
standready
I would have to say 18 then I could remake all those mistakes again! d'oh!
Nintendo
I'd go back to being 18. Cancel my applications to university. Undo all the worst mistakes of my life, and make plans to spend the rest of my life with my beautiful girlfriend at the time.

Life can be very hard... but thinking about the ifs and could-have-beens will only make it harder.

It's a fun topic though, which I may have just deeply solemned Very Happy. Sorry for that!
SC__Programmer
eh....i would say 7 Very Happy

why?that was my most special year Very Happy
status
19, easily the best year of my life.
nigam
i would like to go back 10 below where all i want is eat and play....need not to worry about my surroundings....can't have problems at that time, all i want is to be happy at all the times....
emanuel2
yeah that were great times, just free time and playing Smile
chasbeen
But then carry on playing and having fun as you start to age again. All the challenges are so much easier and much better results achievable!
vidafenomenal
It's a nice dream. I wanna to get back to 18,jaja.
davidv
I'm going to have to say 10. It was 10 that I stopped trying at school and it took 8 years for me to realize how important education was. If I had a chance to go back with the knowledge I have now, I'd be a much smarter person.
Hello_World
early high school. High school was loads of fun. And redo some of those awful high school moments, differently. But mostly so I could do com sci while I still remember all my maths Razz

And yeah, I am trying now. But it is kinda hard now when children are learning to program in school and I didn't even have the internet then... Sad
spinout
easy question, I'd be 14... Hehe, that would be great!!! I hope... Or I supposingly get some answers at least.