FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HDMI Cables

snowboardalliance
So years ago I bought some cheap HDMI cable on newegg. Some no-name brand one. Well it turned out to be super flaky, the signal drops out every 10-40min or so, and I've even experienced weird cases where it crashed my laptop.

I'm looking to buy something good quality but I don't want to spend a ton. I've heard of something on Amazon that was in like the $10-15 range for a 6ft cable or so.

Does anyone have a brand they would recommend as being reliable and not overly expensive?

Thanks!

EDIT: found the thing I remember reading, I'm going to look into getting that mediabridge cable, unless anyone knows of something better/cheaper.
http://www.jammersix.com/archives/sony-lcd-tvscreen-goes-black-when-watching-a-dvd-over-hdmi/
GoldenEagle
If you know anyone who works at Best Buy, they can hook you up with a nice Dynex cable for a gift. I have one and it's really cool. Best of all, it's not that expensive and does the trick. I have one hooked up for my PS3 and it's really really good in my opinion.
william
I've bought HDMI cables for a dollar a pop and haven't had issues. The most I've spent is probably $6, and there was no difference among the cables except that the wire coating was slightly better (no effect on picture). Because it's HDMI, it's digital, and as such you either have a connection or you don't. It's likely the one you bought had deteriorated wires, which would cause these problems.

I mean, this is just over $2, and seems to work perfectly for most people. Plenty of cheaper ones out there that do the same.
sonam
I am find this interesting information on CNET and I believe this is truth:

Quote:
CNET strongly recommends cheap HDMI cables widely available from online retailers instead of the expensive counterparts sold in your local electronics store.

http://reviews.cnet.com/hdmi-guide/

Sonam
GoldenEagle
sonam wrote:
I am find this interesting information on CNET and I believe this is truth:

Quote:
CNET strongly recommends cheap HDMI cables widely available from online retailers instead of the expensive counterparts sold in your local electronics store.

http://reviews.cnet.com/hdmi-guide/

Sonam

The Dynex ones from Best Buy are probably exactly what you can get online on the cheap. I got 2 and they work great.
gh0stface
I like to use monporice.com once in a while or even buy HDMI cables through eBay. No one should be paying more than $10 for HDMI cables. Period.

It's always astounding to see how many people buy Monster or Audioquest or any extremely HDMI cables due to marketing.