FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Noteslate

adri
What do you guys think of the Noteslate? If you don't know it, it is a 1-bit screen, 13", 760px x 1080px which you can write on with a pencil. You can then save your drawings or notes on a SD card (4Gb max.) and review them later on your computer or print them out or edit them later on.

The device will cost 99$. Although rumors are going around that it is just to see if people would buy it if it was available... The website doesn't look professionally either Confused (and lots of grammatical faults in the sentences)

Yet as I student, I would (after waiting a while for reviews and such) certainly buy it to makes notes during classes. No hassle with forgetting notes or something like that, you just bring your Noteslate to the class every time which contains all the files. Smile

What do you guys think about the noteslate? Would you consider buying it? Or why not?

http://noteslate.com

adri
Ankhanu
That looks really neat. I'd also wait for reviews and demos to start appearing though Razz

I'm pretty particular about my mobile/touch style interfaces and how they behave/respond... it's part of why I did not go with an Android based phone when I got my first phone 2 years ago: they just weren't capable of good response to input (though they are now). This thing looks to have a lot of potential, but, we'll see how responsive it is. If it doesn't track the stylus near instantly, for example, it would drive me INSANE Razz

Basic concept seems really handy for note taking and digital art applications.
adri
You make an excellent point Ankhanu. Smile The good (= accurate) and fast response is key to making this a good product. If it is a lot slower than my normal writing on paper, I might as well not buy it as the teachers have the amazing capability of talking 1000 words / minute which is already hard to follow if I write at my maximum speed (I do write pretty quick though Very Happy ).

Quote:
Basic concept seems really handy for note taking and digital art applications.

I don't really know if it's going to be really popular with "digital art" - people as the NoteSlate doesn't have an amazing resolution and only supports one color.

It is a good concept but let us hope that the response time and accuracy is decent (well at least "decent"). Pray

adri
Ankhanu
adri wrote:
I don't really know if it's going to be really popular with "digital art" - people as the NoteSlate doesn't have an amazing resolution and only supports one color.

Yeah, it's rather limited... but, it would still be good for sketch type work, or initial outline work for later processing in Photoshop with a proper tablet.
It's strength here is that it's independent of a computer portable, and has a relatively large working surface. Add in that it's (theoretical) instant on-page response to input, a feature that you don't get into until something like a Wacom Cintiq (several hundred dollars more expensive), and you gain some value. Personally, I have some difficulty with normal tablets, drawing on one surface and the result appearing on another; this thing would give me the same sort of motion-result dynamic as actually drawing on paper, which is pretty valuable.

$100 is still a little steep for me for something like this, but for someone who would use it regularly, it's not bad.