FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

System Noise

tamilparks
I am having Dell PIII System, when i am on the system, its not producing any noise, after i logged in the system, a fan like heavy noise is always hearing? whats the problem?
Bluedoll
tamilparks wrote:
I am having Dell PIII System, when i am on the system, its not producing any noise, after i logged in the system, a fan like heavy noise is always hearing? whats the problem?
What do you mean by "on the computer?" Are you sitting on the computer? Logging on I presume means logging on to windows or is it elsewhere? A computer in standby mode will sound different than one while in use. Sometimes depending on what the computer is doing the sound will change as actions occur like loading programs - normal.

Things that make noise are:

1 hard drives. Some are just louder than others and some cache a lot of information.

2. fans. Fans can get noisy, it is good to isolate which fan is making the most noise. There are cpu fans, case fans and power supply fans. I have turned one fan off and left the other running for a very short period of time to determine which one is making the louder fan noise. With older computers, dust can be a problem and requires maintance or replace the fan but generally unless the sound is excessive the problem can also be reduced by wearing a headset with your favorite music blasting away.
tamilparks
Bluedoll thanks for the informations,

for me the reason may be the dust the problem for me i think because its in a open place in my hall only, so if i clean the dusts is the problem be ok for me? thanks Bluedoll
loonix
Most PCs will be setup with a variable CPU fan speed. The hotter your processor gets the harder the fan has to spin to keep it cool. If its overly noisy it may be worth checking your heat-sink and fan for any excessive dust build-up. Your bios can generally indicate your current CPU temperature.
silverdown
If you get a blue screen and your computer shuts off that means you fan isn't doing it's job anymore and needs replacing, I had this happen last year.
tamilparks
loonix wrote:
Most PCs will be setup with a variable CPU fan speed. The hotter your processor gets the harder the fan has to spin to keep it cool. If its overly noisy it may be worth checking your heat-sink and fan for any excessive dust build-up. Your bios can generally indicate your current CPU temperature.

thanks for the information, if my BIOS is not working will the CPU Fan Speed is High and noisy?
tamilparks
silverdown wrote:
If you get a blue screen and your computer shuts off that means you fan isn't doing it's job anymore and needs replacing, I had this happen last year.

no blue screen and not shuts down
GoldenEagle
My Dell just had a fan go bad, so I replaced the entire unit.

When you boot up your computer, you should be able to put the computer into diagnostics mode from the BIOS. When you do that, you can actually run checks to verify that many of the hardware components of your site are working properly. You should be able to check both the temperature controller and the fan span with these checking systems.
tamilparks
GoldenEagle wrote:

When you boot up your computer, you should be able to put the computer into diagnostics mode from the BIOS. When you do that, you can actually run checks to verify that many of the hardware components of your site are working properly. You should be able to check both the temperature controller and the fan span with these checking systems.

can you please tell me goldeneagle how to setup the diagnositcs mode for the BIOS
GoldenEagle
tamilparks wrote:
GoldenEagle wrote:

can you please tell me goldeneagle how to setup the diagnositcs mode for the BIOS

Sure. Shut down your computer. Turn it back on.

When the computer first powers on, you should get a Dell load screen. Quickly press F12.

You should get a few options that come up and "Diagnostics" should be one of them. Use the arrow keys to navigate to that option and press enter.

The computer will then go through a series of checks checking memory, the LCD screen. My computer then loads Dell Diagnostics and if you navigate through that system you should be able to find an entry for the fan and temperature controller.

Best of luck!
airh3ad
Sometimes computer fan annoying did you really check this? or power supply. or clean your machine maybe a lot of dust.
ankur209
Well...Check out for your Fan RPM /SMPS Fan ! I think something might have gone wrong with it !!

Open your cabinet and dust it off and try if something is geting in between the fan !
GoldenEagle
ankur209 wrote:
Well...Check out for your Fan RPM /SMPS Fan ! I think something might have gone wrong with it !!

Open your cabinet and dust it off and try if something is geting in between the fan !

If this sort of thing happens on a laptop, you should also try shaking the computer in case you can dislodge a particulate that may be blocking the fan from working.
deanhills
Thanks for the excellent advice GoldenEagle. I've got a very noisy fan myself, although intermittently, not continuously. So will definitely try out your diagnostics screen tonight after work.
socials
Dust can be the problem. When they are dusty, is hard to get air pass through them easily so you must clean it and it will help it a little bit.
portoskt
change the cooler fun
tamilparks
dust is the problem in my computer, i have cleaned it now the noise is less