FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ubuntu 11.04 Sound Problem

macky
Problem (Sound):

I installed a realtek HD audio software that can be found here -> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsview.aspx?langid=1&pfid=24&level=4&conn=3&downtypeid=3 but the problem was after installing it, it says alsamixer was muted by default. So what i did, i install gnome alsamixer, the gui, unfortunately it doesn't show anything, it was just a blank window, nothing in it. I tried to open the terminal and typed :
Code:
 alsamixer
as a root user.

but it says
Code:
 cannot open mixer: No such device or address
. This is the moment i started to worried, so what i did, i uninstall the alsa and its utils and reinstall again, i just found to do it in the documentation provided in the ubuntu sites for support. I restarted my pc and still, there are no sounds at all. What makes me worst is, no devices are available for to track by the sound preference. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Now i tried this one,
Code:
 aplay -l
to test if detects any sound card devices on my laptop. But unfortunately the output says :
Code:
aplay: device_list:240: no soundcards found...
. Now im started to worrying, im currently downloading a rescue cd for ubuntu, hoping that it would fix all of the problems.

I hope there is someone out there that could help me out. I believe all i need is to install a driver that can read my sound card if i'm not mistaken.

Thanks in advance guys!
Very Happy
ankur209
Try installing the other codes and gplugins !! U might want to try Banshee Player Razz