FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Battlefield 3 on Steam

weableandbob
Has anyone heard whether Battlefield 3 will be released on Steam, or if the pre-order offer will be available? I prefer to buy all my games through Steam now, but the Karkand map pack is too good of an offer if I can't.
Flakky
I have heard that it will be released on Steam. :)The pre-order will soon (or already) appear when launching Steam. (I do not know for sure, have not been paying attention to this game).
weableandbob
I've been starting to think otherwise, as EA has announced that they are going to have their own digital distribution service.
Flakky
The latest thing I've heard is that EA has been removing games from Steam to publish it on Oracle. I hope they will not do this eventually and a boycott is the only thing to stop them.
gphoenix
i dont buy games anymore..once i bought assassins creed 2 from ubisoft and their drm system pissed me off. i had to download a crack illegaly to play a legally purchased game..so i just download them..i am not promoting piracy..and donate some money to the real developers..according to my experience ,most of the time the pirated ones work better
Flakky
gphoenix wrote:
i dont buy games anymore..once i bought assassins creed 2 from ubisoft and their drm system pissed me off. i had to download a crack illegaly to play a legally purchased game..so i just download them..i am not promoting piracy..and donate some money to the real developers..according to my experience ,most of the time the pirated ones work better

The lengths that developers go is quite extreme. Back in the days we had to enter a single serial during install and that is that. Nowadays the only valid, trustable DRM is Steam. You should see the website www.gog.com which offers commercial games without DRM. It's legal, do not worry.
weableandbob
Yeah, GOG is cool, although it's only for pretty old games. Beneath a Steel Sky was really good, though, and it's free on there.
drunkenkoz
Flakky wrote:
gphoenix wrote:

The lengths that developers go is quite extreme. Back in the days we had to enter a single serial during install and that is that. Nowadays the only valid, trustable DRM is Steam. You should see the website www.gog.com which offers commercial games without DRM. It's legal, do not worry.

They only go through those extremes because they want to make more money.
fangzr1
Yeah, GOG is cool, although it's only for pretty old games. Beneath a Steel Sky was really good, though, and it's free on there.
LostOverThere
Wow, never heard of GOG before. Thanks though! Seems like there's a bunch of cool stuff on there! Smile