FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

runny nose

lovescience
What would you do when you have a runny nose?

I sneeze a lot.

I boil ginger in water, then take the water to add milk, and drink the ginger milk.
medesignz
Blow your nose... Common colds can be avoided by washing your hands on a regular basis!

Prevention is better than the cure! Very Happy
Bondings
Maybe you have an allergy? If you think so, get tested for the most common ones like pollen and dust. If it's an allergy you can take some anti-histamines, they should help a lot.
lovescience
I do have allergy to dust and maybe pollen too.

I had the runny nose for two days.

It last probably one to three hours in a day.

The weather was humid. It was raining in the days.

http://www.acaai.org/allergist/allergies/Types/dust-allergy-information/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.exitallergy.com/allergy-articles/dust-mite-allergy-symptoms.php

I am drinking lemon juice to help with immune system.
Bondings
An allergy is actually (more or less) your immune system going in overdrive. Simply drinking lemon juice won't help your immune system anyway, although healthy eating/drinking in general does.

In any case, I wouldn't advice to drink a lot of pure lemon juice (or eat a lot of lemons) considering they are very acid and can cause damage to your teeth and digestive system. If you want to drink lemon juice, then you should dilute it in some water or tea (or something similar). Lemons are healthy, but you shouldn't eat/drink them pure.

And to fight an allergy you have 3 options (which you can combine):

• Use anti-histamines which lessen the allergic reaction. A popular one contains Loratadine. I think the medecine is usually called Claritine, but you should be able to find cheaper generic ones which contain the same thing.
  • You can take an immunotherapy, which is actually giving your body the allergen in controlled amounts hoping to make it accept it without an allergic reaction. This can help a lot, but takes years and is costly.
  • You can avoid any allergenes, like avoid going outside in the pollen season and for dust avoiding dusty curtains/carpet and buying special bed(room) stuff considering the bed is usually the worst.
medesignz
Bondings wrote:
An allergy is actually (more or less) your immune system going in overdrive. Simply drinking lemon juice won't help your immune system anyway, although healthy eating/drinking in general does.

In any case, I wouldn't advice to drink a lot of pure lemon juice (or eat a lot of lemons) considering they are very acid and can cause damage to your teeth and digestive system. If you want to drink lemon juice, then you should dilute it in some water or tea (or something similar). Lemons are healthy, but you shouldn't eat/drink them pure.

And to fight an allergy you have 3 options (which you can combine):

• Use anti-histamines which lessen the allergic reaction. A popular one contains Loratadine. I think the medecine is usually called Claritine, but you should be able to find cheaper generic ones which contain the same thing.
  • You can take an immunotherapy, which is actually giving your body the allergen in controlled amounts hoping to make it accept it without an allergic reaction. This can help a lot, but takes years and is costly.
  • You can avoid any allergenes, like avoid going outside in the pollen season and for dust avoiding dusty curtains/carpet and buying special bed(room) stuff considering the bed is usually the worst.

Did you watch Bang Goes The Theory episode in which they discus dust allergies?