FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Today, I'm breaking things!

Nameless
... and I don't mean records. First, it was a full bottle of barbeque sauce. Literally a full bottle, that I had opened twenty seconds earlier and was really looking forward to enjoying on my sausages. The sausages were cooking at the time and I could still smell them even while I got down on my hands and knees and wiped away the hauntingly delicious, shard-addled goop. Sad Fine, I thought, I can still enjoy these sausages alone. I'll just place them here on this pl- NO, the plate had also somehow broken. Mad So I grumble and leave the sausages alone for a moment while I sweep up the last glass. On the very first sweep, the handle of my brush snaps off. Neutral

Either my life has suddenly become a terrible slapstick, or this is the worst possible excuse for an end-of-the-world prophecy yet.
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
Either my life has suddenly become a terrible slapstick, or this is the worst possible excuse for an end-of-the-world prophecy yet.
Hmmmm ..... could it be that this brainwashing campaign of 21 May has made its way to your subconscious mind?

Nah ..... I refuse to believe it. What has happened to you in the kitchen I'm sure has happened to many people. It happens to me rarely, but it has happened to be too on the odd occasion, where one clumsy move in the kitchen has been followed by another. My mind had not been fully present with what I had been doing at the time. For example my aim at the rubbish bin had been wrong, and then following that something else had slipped as well. I then had a good talking to myself to pay attention. Took some time out, and then all was OK again.
Ankhanu
Ya didn't burn the sausages while you were cleaning up the broken stuff, did ya? That would be a travesty!
ocalhoun
Ah, it seems you've been cursed.

Please step away from the internet until it wears off; it's too important to break!
Nameless
No it's okay, see I already broke my computer two days before this and my had my phone start playing up a few days before that (true story) so I'm probably safe with anything electronic for a while.
deanhills
We're still curious though whether the sausages got burnt as well? Twisted Evil
Nameless
The sausages were not burned and okay by themselves, which is especially an achievement since they were the cheap/nasty brand even before I bought them heavily discounted on their last 'best before' day.

Hey kids! I hope we've all learned an important lesson today about appreciating what you already have instead of fussing over accessories that don't really matter, and buying squeezy bottles because squeezy bottles don't break without the use of a laser or something.
drunkenkoz
I'm really clumsy breaking stuff all the time. About a year ago I probably broke 3 plates, multiple cups, and lots of other glass things in the kitchen per week.
captainsuperdude
i get breakables from discount & thrift stores
missdixy
ocalhoun wrote:
Ah, it seems you've been cursed.

Please step away from the internet until it wears off; it's too important to break!

hahahha. This.

brilliant Wink
foumy6
I bet i know what it issss CRACK! just kidding i dont know it could just be one of those days Smile
ankitdatashn
Ups and downs are a part of life my friend,
Just relax and bad things will automatically end,
Think about the positive things in your life,
Or maybe a soothing discussion with your wife... ( If you have one though!! ) Very Happy Smile
status
you just have to roll with days like that...
adriane14
break anything u want