FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Twitter following

Tony The Tiger
When I follow someone on twitter do I see all their tweets in my homepage or do I only see those not directed at someone else. I am just noticing that nothing seems to start with an @. Does this mean that I can actually follow all those people who make tons of tweets directly to other people without having my inbox blow up?
chartcentral
Hi, Tony the Tiger! Yes, when you follow someone on Twitter, the tweets that you see on your homepage are only those that do not start with a mention (those with the "@" symbol). However, if you also happen to follow the users being mentioned at the start of the tweet, you will additionally see these on your timeline.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you said "inbox," but if you mean direct messages, you don't have to worry about it being blown up as it won't be filled with messages that are not for you. Smile
flamepjlh
Tony The Tiger wrote:
When I follow someone on twitter do I see all their tweets in my homepage or do I only see those not directed at someone else. I am just noticing that nothing seems to start with an @. Does this mean that I can actually follow all those people who make tons of tweets directly to other people without having my inbox blow up?

The tweets start with @ is a reply.                       

If someone use @ to start a reply, it can only be seen by those who mentioned by @ and who is follwing both the author and the one mentioned by the first @ .

If you following who makes tons of tweets , just make sure that most of his tweets are reply and you didn't follow the ones he/she often replied to.

If you still not understand, just take a try to have an experiment.

Laughing Laughing
SultanMA
If u are following someone in twitter then u will see his tweets.

and u will see his tweets with mentions if u are following at least one of the mentioned people.

so u see all tweets that u might concerned about Smile

That how TWITTER which is the best (in my eyes) work Smile
Tony The Tiger
chartcentral wrote:
Hi, Tony the Tiger! Yes, when you follow someone on Twitter, the tweets that you see on your homepage are only those that do not start with a mention (those with the "@" symbol). However, if you also happen to follow the users being mentioned at the start of the tweet, you will additionally see these on your timeline.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you said "inbox," but if you mean direct messages, you don't have to worry about it being blown up as it won't be filled with messages that are not for you. Smile

Is there any parameter that you can adjust to see someones @mentions to other parties?
Tony The Tiger
Why does the index think that someone has responded since the last time I looked at this thread?