FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is SEO

batista123
What is SEO? For me, search engine optimization (SEO) is the art of getting a website to work better with search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing, and compare the opportunities viable, profitable keyword search rankings. SEO is a search for better visibility in search engines through photocopies, quality links, domain trust, popularity and social connectivity of the search engines. If you do not bother with that - other things, it works just as well.
Bluedoll
batista123 wrote:
SEO is a search for better visibility in search engines through photocopies, quality links, domain trust, popularity and social connectivity of the search engines.
Interesting I've never thought of it in terms of popularity perhaps because I view it as a mechanical word search without much human interaction?
prcys
As SEO is used to increase visibility of own site in search engine. But the main purpose of SEO is to set the relevant search result on top most position from lot of result sites and this was developed for search engine for providing more relevancy result to users.
chatrack
Hi,
As the Search Engine are updating their algorithms of finding relevant contents,
the trends of SEO also may be changing

I like to know what are the present Trends in SEO ?
malaysia
chatrack wrote:
Hi,
As the Search Engine are updating their algorithms of finding relevant contents,
the trends of SEO also may be changing

I like to know what are the present Trends in SEO ?

yes, i am also what the answer of this question?.
Anybody know??
cresvale
What's SEO. GOOD. should be a nice seo. not so many spams.
the-guide
Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide

Read about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) explained by Google here...

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35291

Also, you can check out and download Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide (pdf ebook) directly from Google official site here!

http://www.google.com/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

It's worth reading for all webmasters especially beginners/starters, highly recommended!

For more Google's SEO resources and tools, simply check out directly from Google Webmaster Central...

http://www.google.com/webmasters/

navya
SEO is a process to promote your site and product through internet.It may help to improve the visibility of your site in to the eye of search engine..
johans
FOR ME,
SEO is a technique which helps search engines find and rank your site higher than the millions of other sites in response to a search query. SEO thus helps you get traffic from search engines.

Whenever you enter a query in a search engine and hit 'enter' you get a list of web results that contain that query term. Users normally tend to visit websites that are at the top of this list as they perceive those to be more relevant to the query. If you have ever wondered why some of these websites rank better than the others then you must know that it is because of a powerful web marketing technique called Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

SEO is a technique which helps search engines find and rank your site higher than the millions of other sites in response to a search query. SEO thus helps you get traffic from search engines.

Idea
sowmya
SEO, which stands for search engine optimization can be defined as a process of creating and analysing the individual web pages. Its main objective is to provide better results in a shorter period of time as well as within a reasonable prices. SEO is really very much user friendly.
ridemeup
yes , its technique and way to obtain rank and traffic.
johans
use this google SEO to track how many visitors and traffic consumes.. I just used this 3 days ago and i find it more accurate and more interesting. I will give you notifications via phone and list of countries visited.

for more info: http://www.google.com/analytics/

I hope that helps.

have a good day!

Very Happy
johans
As, work with Joomla for more than a years now and it has built in SEO but i think i needs more adjustment in the code because some extensions are not compatible if SEO is turn on.. I have been observing it for years and i think it can cause conflict..
some extensions not work properly for hardware compatibility according to extensions that are used.. it is really weird.. some of my projects are SEO turn-on but some are not because of compatibility issue with the server requirements such as PHP, mysql versions..

BUT there is also cpanel that has SEO tools to turn-on and that may be a big plus if cpanel has it.
Very Happy
johans
to all frihost users.
I just want to share regarding SEO tools for Google.. here is the link http://www.google.com/analytics/ it has real time monitoring and its accurate. you can also see what are there browsers used when they view your site. you can monitor in what time your site most visited. it can also saw the logs on what country, location and language used. the best in monitoring is that you can know what page are they are trying to access.

to set up is just copy the code from Google analytics and put it in the header to recognized your site and monitor your site in real time.

Good luck to all and have a good day!

Very Happy
mamatha
Search engine optimization, better known as SEO, is the process and art of obtaining rankings for a site under relevant keyword phrases. For instance, assume you offer golf course tee time appointments for the Las Vegas area on your site. Your goal with SEO is to get ranked under all relevant terms for your service.
abhizz
SEO is the process for improving websites visibility and ranking in search engines like Google
isha123
SEO is an activity of optimizing your webpage in order to make it search engine friendly and thus improve search engine results. It is a way to promote your business and generates online business leads.
indiahealth
Hi,

SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” listings on search engines. All major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing have such results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users.

Regards,

Human Resource Program
simplyelectricals
SEO is a process promoting & marketing web page.
vivahaweddings
Whenever you enter a query in a search engine and hit 'enter' you get a list of web results that contain that query term. Users normally tend to visit websites that are at the top of this list as they perceive those to be more relevant to the query
campuspk
The SEO is a technique which helps search engines find and rank your site higher than the millions of other sites in response to a search query.
sameerseo
SEO is a way of online promotion of our business. Smile
AikenColin
How can I achieve SEO sales leads more effectively?
darknova
prcys wrote:
As SEO is used to increase visibility of own site in search engine. But the main purpose of SEO is to set the relevant search result on top most position from lot of result sites and this was developed for search engine for providing more relevancy result to users.

i was looking for simple explanation for SEO an found it here
ankitdatashn
SEO = making your website getting noticed with Search Engines.
shumicpi
In present time SEO is the process of creating unique and fresh content with high quality backlink optimization.