FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Database server hostname

foumy6
I am trying to put phpbb on my site and to install i need to fill out that usuall page and its asking me for my database server hostname and I tried localhost and that didnt work so can anybody help me where to look for what it is? This is a frihost hosted site on server 4 I really want to expand this site so please make an account if you are intrested and tell your friends!
jmraker
If the database server is on your computer (right next to you) and it's currently running as a service then you might need to look at your hosts file (it's C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts in windows). If you don't have a line like "127.0.0.1 localhost" in it you can add it. Or you can just enter 127.0.0.1 in the installer

If the database server is on a remote computer you could try putting in 127.0.0.1, it's ip address, it's domain name.

It's possible that the web server and the database server are on different computers. You'll probably have to reach technical support or search for the name of the database server.

It's also possible that the database isn't mysql

For frihost I can only verify that localhost works on server 3
foumy6
I am trying to use the mysql on phpmyadmin server that you get when you get your site do i need to put something in database server port?
foumy6
i keep getting this error

Quote:
Could not connect to the database, see error message below.
Access denied for user 'foumy6_*****'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

***** im blocking that out idk y lol
sonam
If you want to access MySql on frihost via PhpMyAdmin you don't need any username or password. Just login in your Direct Admin and find there PhpMyAdmin sortcut. The situation on other hostigns are quite similar. If you try to access PhpMyAdmin on your localhost then you need to know password if you set it on installation.

Sonam
foumy6
i got it working now
www.grindsmygears.frihost.org
Smile
independentebrazil
Nice!
foumy6
Thank you i updated it very recentley I am trying to get more people to sign up so plz do so then you can start using the site!