FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Audio streaming to flash

Josso
Hey guys, got an audio stream going recently as I had an itch to get radio going (got no-where to put my antenna Sad Wink ) - using VLC to broadcast, and seems to work surprisingly well... supporting a few listeners at a time on 128kbps 44.1khz

Heres some problems though... dynamic IP for a start, so if I give an m3u file out it's useless within a few weeks (I said to people, the newest file is up at a URL but this isn't conveniant).

What I really need is a flash player of some kind, so everyone can go to a universal URL, assumed that I could just refer to the m3u file and play it from embedded flash but the ones I've tried don't like the format (it's litreally one line with my IP in it this m3u file) even though it claims to support m3u...

I really need a compatible way of getting the stream out to all browsers and operating systems, even if I push the file to be more and more compatible ("oh it doesn't work in itunes") [works in winamp, vlc and wmp] it's USELESS because I have a changing IP - need to embed it into a flash player preferably a FREE one... open to other suggestions to, I just need it embedded on a web page.
medesignz
Offer up a number of playlists. eg *.wpl *.pl
Josso
Yes, this would solve compatibility with players but my IP changes so this is useless I need it streaming to my listeners through a URL that doesn't change, hence streaming through my website (if possible would like to do the whole amplify the bandwidth thing, so I'm using my web servers bandwidth instead of my own) - have been trying out many different embedded flash players and none of them play my stream Sad
FunDa
Try setting up Dynamic DNS. So even if your IP changes, it recailbrates to the new IP

Only thing is, u will have an address like JossoRadio.dyndns.org
Josso
Ahhh yes, wanted to do this but couldn't remember what it was called. Thank you, that's one issue sorted.
Asap170
For embedding it into a page it depends on the the file extension. If you didn't want to do Dynamic DNS you could always set your computer up for a static IP. But if the Dynamic DNS you can make a page with images that say iTunes, Windows Media Player, VLC, WinAMP. And have specific playlist files.
medesignz
I wonder if there is a business like ustream but for audio