FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Site not displying aftr installing WP Help reqd urgently :(

Mohit
Hi
I installed word-press on my website hosted over Frihost. the installation completed well but the site is not being displayed in the browser though I am being able to log into the dashboard plz help what do I do?? It is a database problem or installation error plz someone help !!!! Sad
truespeed
Uninstall and reinstall.
Mohit
The site installed perfectly and I can see the dashboard also with no warning messages whatsoever. But when I type the URL into my browser it shows the Frihost index.html page only and nothing else. Do I need to go through the installation again..... Sad plz check for yourself at www.techcurrentz.com
saratdear
Where have you installed Wordpress? Inside the home directory or one of the subdirectories?
cybersa
You installed Wordpress on sub directories.
Try to re-install on Home Directory.
Mohit
Hi I created a new domain using my cPanel and uploaded wordpress on

/domains/techcurrentz.com/public_html

directory is this not where I need to put all the files ??
Bondings
I think you simply need to remove the default index.html file and it should work.

Edit: I removed your index.html file and I got a 500 error. It seems like you changed a lot of directories to 777 permission (all access to everyone). Due to the server setup, this gives a 500 error. So I changed a few directories to 755 and I also changed the .htaccess file (it has as the directory index the default index.html file) and now your WordPress site seems to be working fine again.

If you still have any 500 error pages, this is usually caused by a file or directory having 777 permission. To fix the error, simply give it a 755 permission (directory) or 644 permission (file) and it will most likely fix the error.