FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Whats the best meal you ever had

chasbeen
I was poor and had been for some time. We had to eat cardboard to get buy.
Then a relative was getting married but we said we could not come because we could not afford it.
We got a free hotel room.
I think I had my 3 best ever meals at that hotel. I can't remember what it was though.
Nameless
I can't think of an actual answer to this question, so I'm just going to make one up:

Diamonds. One time, I was served a plateful of diamonds. They weren't too delicious, but I had several nice surprises during my ablutions the next morning!
Ankhanu
Nameless wrote:
I can't think of an actual answer to this question...

Likewise. I was thinking about this since I saw the topic earlier, and it sent me on a train of thinking about transient pleasures and how, ultimately, they're kinda meaningless, and we should seek things with more permanence... then it got me thinking about how that heavily contradicts good Buddhist teachings and the like... this has been a really loaded topic, despite it's simple guise Razz

More on topic, I remember having some very good meals, and completely losing myself in the flavour/texture sensations... but I don't remember what those meals were.
One of the things I do remember is an appetizer; it was a three cheese fritter; a mixture of mozzarella, Parmesan, and... hmm, I can't quite recall... breaded in a lightly seasoned breading and fried in ~2cm cubes. They were absolutely heavenly.
Insanity
I think some of the best meals I've had are when I first come back home from college and I get to eat my first meal cooked by my parents in years. It's really something to have your family cook for you after years of being in college and cooking for yourself with whatever you can scourounge in your kitchen or eating bland, generic dining hall food.
deanhills
I find that a best meal very often originate from being ravenously hungry. That seems to be a good basis for relishing whatever is put in front of me. Any meal has a good chance of turning into a best meal then. Very Happy
Nameless
deanhills wrote:
I find that a best meal very often originate from being ravenously hungry.

Well sure, and if you only take one piss a day it'll logically be best piss too, but doesn't mean it's actually any better than pissing regularly.
Bluedoll
The best meal is today's alongside distinguished company.
IceCreamTruck
My Mom's home cookin' and mexican throw-together's hands down! Just to give you guys an idea of how awesome my Mom's mexican dinners are we had an auction at our highschool, and of all the donated items my Mom's dinner brought in the most money for retreat, and there was a working car in the auction. It wasn't charity for us either, although it was convenient... there was a serious bidding war for her cooking!

I told her when I was young that I was going to live in the tree house when I grew up so she could continue to cook for me! Smile I should have listened to my inner child! That was a great idea that I should still try to do!
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Well sure, and if you only take one piss a day it'll logically be best piss too, but doesn't mean it's actually any better than pissing regularly.
Surely there has to be a feeling of great relief when you finally get to p*** to your heart's content? Twisted Evil
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Nameless wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Surely there has to be a feeling of great relief when you finally get to p*** to your heart's content? Twisted Evil

Today is the worst day since yesterday! (same line of thinking)
TurtleShell
THere was a gourmet pizza place along the Thames--that was one of the best meals I ever had. we spent hundreds of dollars. We drank, we ate, we had dessert...it was awesome.
IceCreamTruck
TurtleShell wrote:
THere was a gourmet pizza place along the Thames--that was one of the best meals I ever had. we spent hundreds of dollars. We drank, we ate, we had dessert...it was awesome.

We must have pictures! That actually sounds fun, and good, and I like fun and good a LOT!
TurtleShell
the only pictures are in my brain, unfortunately. I was there with a group of about 15 people. We stayed for hours. The meal just kept going and going... I can only imagine how outrageous that bill must have been. I was in college at the time and the meal was paid for by the program. but I know we went way over budget that night. I have all sorts of memories of that one meal. How a friend of mine ordered a "chinese" pizza that had duck on it. How we all had cappucinos at the end. The wine glasses on the table. Places we walked to afterword. drunk. I'd show you pictures if I had them:) I don't.
Radar
Once did the 40-hour famine (what it sounds like. Without food for 40 hours for charity).

After that, you have a different level of appreciation for food.
IceCreamTruck
Radar wrote:
Once did the 40-hour famine (what it sounds like. Without food for 40 hours for charity).

After that, you have a different level of appreciation for food.

Try a week! I didn't do this by choice, but I insist on living on my own and paying for my own life. Early on in my struggle as an adult there was a time I went for 1 week without food so I could pay rent. 40 hours is like forgetting to eat compared to 1 week which begins to feel like an eternity.
deanhills
I don't know whether it is the heat, as we're getting into temperatures of 40 degrees Celsius over here, but I think my best meal has become Ice Cream. Anyone else addicted to Ice Cream as well? I can't think last that I've liked the stuff. There must be an ingredient in it that I'm needing? Are there serotonins in it? Twisted Evil
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
I don't know whether it is the heat, as we're getting into temperatures of 40 degrees Celsius over here, but I think my best meal has become Ice Cream. Anyone else addicted to Ice Cream as well? I can't think last that I've liked the stuff. There must be an ingredient in it that I'm needing? Are there serotonins in it? Twisted Evil

Protien, sugar, calcium, and I believe a couple other vitamins. Milk has healthy fats too.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Milk has healthy fats too.
Good to know. I like to be fat and healthy .... Twisted Evil
spinout
the best meal I have ever had...

well my grandma used to cook spaghetti!!! just Spaghetti with a still drink of lemanade. That is the best meal I have ever had! If she would come alive the first thing is to order this special spaghetti of hers!!!

I have tried in many years to come close to this variant and I have never succeded! Crying or Very sad

She afterboiled it, of fried it... and grease yes but then I don't know... Crying or Very sad
captainsuperdude
the best meal I ever had was a meat lovers pizza from pizza hut during the summer of 1994, I remember it well, it was an extra large which my siblings respectively only look 1 slice from each, so I had the rest to myself, which I devoured in the unholily short time of 5 minutes, then passed out into a kind of fatty salty coma.
Nameless
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I didn't do this by choice, but I insist on living on my own and paying for my own life. Early on in my struggle as an adult there was a time I went for 1 week without food so I could pay rent.

I think at the point when you're literally starving yourself, that's when you're probably being a little too proud?

If I ran out of money and food for a week, I'd probably make it two days before punching a policeman just so they were obliged to feed me in jail.
deanhills
It's difficult for me to understand how one could ever run out of food. I remember I had tough times too at one stage of my life along the lines of struggling to make ends meet. Towards the end of the month I got to live on bread and butter only. I'd usually go without anything during the day, and then have bread for dinner every night. The bread was pretty good, and although it was a bit boring, I managed to survive on it. It had been important at the time to have my own place and the rent had been almost as much as my earnings.
drunkenkoz
The best meal I've ever had would be Sushi. It's a unique dish that I first tried about three years ago and I only get to have it ever so often when I have the money. Sushi is expensive and I can get a lot more to eat for the price I pay for 2 or 3 rolls of sushi.
chasbeen
I can't put a big entry here because I'm off to my Taekwando class and I won't be eating for 3 hours.
I will probably have pizzAa because it only take 10 minutes.
Thats right the best meal I ever had is about 3 hours from now Sad
spinout
have you heard of the pizzas with cheese crusts? You wrap in cheese with the outer bounds of the pizza circle... Bad english, but you understand!

Now, I heard yesterday that in germany thay have exchanged the cheese with............ SAUSAGE!

Yes, Laughing must be the best dish ever! a vrapped sausage ring on the outerbound of the pizza!!!
Cool That was so cool!
ProwerBot
Once when I was in new york I had some sort of onion soup. I had it expecting it to be just any other soup, but as I took a spoonful of it and ate it, it was ****** heaven. Like I couldn't even believe how good it was it didn't make any sense to me. I don't remmeber what place it was from, but I would eat there again, definately.
chasbeen
Dam!
The pizza was great but spiking started talking about pizza with a cheese crust.
It's 3 hours b4 I can eat (I got another Taekwando class just now)
I'm hungry enough without hearing about sausages and Pizzas with cheese crusts.
Dam!
independentebrazil
Pizza!
chartcentral
The best meal you'll ever have is the meal that fills your stomach when you are at your hungriest. Smile

Alternately, the best meal one could have is one spent with family and loved ones on a joyous day. I guess it doesn't really matter what you are eating, although good delicious food definitely contributes to a nice mood and atmosphere. Smile
missdixy
I don't know if this counts as a meal, but it sure did count as a meal for 12-year-old-me. They used to make these delicious 'twist-n-fill' twizzlers and I once ate a whole bag of them almost when I was 12 years old right before they stopped selling them near me. It was truly the best 'meal' -- they were sooooo delicious.

My favorite were the watermelon and cherry ones..

Picture here
Nameless
missdixy wrote:
They used to make these delicious 'twist-n-fill' twizzlers and I once ate a whole bag of them almost when I was 12 years old right before they stopped selling them near me. It was truly the best 'meal' -- they were sooooo delicious.

I ate a whole meal's worth of soft serve ice cream from Hungry Jacks (/Burger King) once. It was delicious right up until five minutes after the fact, at which point illness kicked in.
doc2011
The best food I have ever eaten is the food named Dolphin, its simply awesome.
spring567
I want to eat something now.
Ghost900
The best meal I have had, or that I can remember at least would be this venison that we were given from a friend. It was the neck meat and my dad cooked it with some nice spices and it was really good tasting. The only problem was that he added stuff as he saw fit so the second time he tried to make it, it was not nearly as good.
Insanity
It would be my experience at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in LA. It was the best meal I've had, but it was so expensive. Worth every penny though. Sometimes I wish I was rich so I could have that for dinner everyday.
macky
the best meal it to eat dry fish with vinegar and tons of rice! this is the food that makes me crave when im developing websites.. Smile
SC__Programmer
when i first tryed peanutbutter & chocolate Smile

now they sell it in stores Very Happy
chasbeen
It's pure torture reading the answers to this forum because I always am hungry.
The best meal I ever had is the one I'm getting in 2 hours.
SC__Programmer
chasbeen wrote:
It's pure torture reading the answers to this forum because I always am hungry.
The best meal I ever had is the one I'm getting in 2 hours.

and what are you having? o.O