FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cross Browser Problem

therimalaya
On the project i'm working in, i have build my web-application using php, jquery, mysql. When i've tested it in google chrome, it worked very nice but when i tested it in iexplorer and mozilla firefox, i found many things went wrong, specially in iexplorer.
How can i manage it, so that it can be used in all kinds of browser without any problem with its style and function? Please help me... Thank you
macky
It would be best to get answer(s) if you will show to us what kind of problem exists (error it self), and some of the syntax you use to the specific codes your having a problem.
snowboardalliance
therimalaya wrote:
On the project i'm working in, i have build my web-application using php, jquery, mysql. When i've tested it in google chrome, it worked very nice but when i tested it in iexplorer and mozilla firefox, i found many things went wrong, specially in iexplorer.
How can i manage it, so that it can be used in all kinds of browser without any problem with its style and function? Please help me... Thank you

Does it look wrong? Like HTML/CSS issues? If that is the case then start by checking that you are using valid html/css. Also, make sure you are NOT using "quirks mode" (google it if you don't know what that is). Finally, you may have to make a separate style sheet for IE because it doesn't always do what is expected.

Otherwise, what functionality is wrong? Sessions or cookies not working? What? It's hard to help if we don't understand the problem.
D'Artagnan
if you're looking for a generic read on how to make a webapplication run nicelly on multiple browsers you should search for :
graceful degradation

otherwise it depends highly on the problem at hand,

also web it's a crossbrowser problem it's highly like a problem on the client side , javascript , html or css , the chances its some server site problem is very very slim
IceCreamTruck
Ready and willing to offer assistance with opera, chrome, and IE if we can take a peak at the problem.

You should probably check to see if there isn't a simple way to make it acceptable in all browsers first, but then, if all else failes, secure the browser detection portion of your code, position alternate stylesheets as was suggested, and test the result.
therimalaya
Thank you all,
I'm very great full for your help, I'm trying to figuring out the problem, and post the exact code that is making problem.
For now please, check the project i'm working in explorer, chrome, firefox and opera.
The chrome gives very much great result but in case of explorer it all distroy the look

The site is, http://imas.statsupport.frihost.org
SonLight
A quick check shows it appears pretty much the same in Opera, Chromium, and Firefox. I expect you're most likely to have problems with older versions of IE. In some cases if you use the most recent standards, even the newer flavors of IE might lag behind or implement features in a different way than the others.
sonam
In IE8 the site is looking Ok and same like in Chrome. Because you are using em for font size I can see one problem. In IE is possible to change font size in View tab. In standard browser this is working like zoom but not in IE. This can destroy your menu if some use larger or largest font size. Maybe you can fix this with conditional comment for IE users and fixed size of text in px.

BTW one JavaScript (wufoo.js) error occur in IE.

Sonam
IceCreamTruck
Looks great in IE 8... have you been working on it? The fonts in IE even give it just a little better look than chrome.
therimalaya
Thanks you very much... for your quick and good response..
I was checking it in IE7, but with your suggestion when i checked in IE 8 it worked fine..

I hope this solve my problem. Thanks again
codersfriend
At the beginning of your project, start working with internet explorer even though I sounds a bit painful.
I use IETester which lets you test your site in different versions of IE..

Also you can use w3validator to check some errors on your html code. Chrome just fixes your errors on your code like unclosed tags, etc..
Wink
malaysia
why i click the link and got 'The requested URL / was not found on this server.' how about your problem now?
therimalaya
Thank you malaysia for your great concern... I finished the first part of that project and left that to my friends. Currently i'm not working with that. I worked fine at the final stage. That is only due to great support form friends like you...