FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sound capture

Tony The Tiger
Is there freeware that will enable my Hewlett Packard Pavilion DV7 with Windows 7 to capture sound from the sound card rather than the microphone so that I don't get background noises?
Marcuzzo
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Is there freeware that will enable my Hewlett Packard Pavilion DV7 with Windows 7 to capture sound from the sound card rather than the microphone so that I don't get background noises?

I think you can use http://camstudio.org/ for that.
flamepjlh
"Is there freeware that will enable my Hewlett Packard Pavilion DV7 with Windows 7 to capture sound from the sound card rather than the microphone so that I don't get background noises?"

=======================================
How you input the sound?

Question Question
Tony The Tiger
Marcuzzo wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

That certainly seems to be what I am looking for. I will download it and experiment with it.
weableandbob
I just use Audacity and switch my input device from microphone to stereo mix, which takes all the sound that comes from your sound card.
Tony The Tiger
weableandbob wrote:
I just use Audacity and switch my input device from microphone to stereo mix, which takes all the sound that comes from your sound card.

How do you do that?
Tony The Tiger
Marcuzzo wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

That still seems to be recording my keystroke sounds.
Tony The Tiger
weableandbob wrote:

I have just realized that in order to do this I had to go on to my Windows XP machine. This is not possible in Windows 7.
Ankhanu
As long as you have up to date Win7 drivers, selecting your Line input, or mic input, rather than the built in mic, shouldn't be a problem in Audacity... it should appear in the source drop down menu. If you're having trouble, consult the help file, or, failing that, Audacity has a lot of useful documentation on their website.
Tony The Tiger
Ankhanu wrote:
As long as you have up to date Win7 drivers, selecting your Line input, or mic input, rather than the built in mic, shouldn't be a problem in Audacity... it should appear in the source drop down menu. If you're having trouble, consult the help file, or, failing that, Audacity has a lot of useful documentation on their website.

I have the choices you mention, but none of them really seems to record from the sound card.
cybersa
Is Windows 7 have Windows Movie Maker?
Because i have WM Maker on XP.
I able to record a sound from sound card.
Ankhanu
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

I have the choices you mention, but none of them really seems to record from the sound card.

Wait.
By "record from the sound card", are you meaning record what's coming from the sound card? Not something plugged into the sound card? i.e. something that you're currently playing ON the computer?
cybersa
I think he was asking that.

If any external player means ,plug it into line in.
Then record a sound by selecting Line-in ad recording device.
Tony The Tiger
cybersa wrote:
I think he was asking that.

If any external player means ,plug it into line in.
Then record a sound by selecting Line-in ad recording device.

I don't see any of those options on my software in Windows 7.
cybersa
What software are you using?
If you have Windows Movie make,Record a sound in the software select Stereo Mix as option.
Tony The Tiger
cybersa wrote:
What software are you using?
If you have Windows Movie make,Record a sound in the software select Stereo Mix as option.

I was using Audacity. It seems like you are saying that I can record from the sound card using Windows Movie Maker. It is not clear to me how I could possibly record a sound using this software. I will ask around for some advice to see if this is really possible.
SultanMA
I'm using KM player. has many capture features. Like image , video and audio.
Tony The Tiger
SultanMA wrote:
I'm using KM player. has many capture features. Like image , video and audio.

What file formats does it produce? Does it capture sound directly from the sound card or does it use the microphone (i.e. will it capture my kestroke sounds and ambient noise?)
cybersa
I think found you a good sound recorder.
This software will help you to record a voice from microphone or music played by any player.
Try this
http://www.supermp3recorder.com/
Tony The Tiger
cybersa wrote:
This software will help you to record a voice from microphone or music played by any player.
Try this

What I need is capturing sound directly from the sound card not the microphone.
Tony The Tiger
Tony The Tiger wrote:
cybersa wrote:
Try this

What I need is capturing sound directly from the sound card not the microphone. I am sort of satisfied with my audacity at this point.
loyal
Tony The Tiger wrote:

+1
I've been wondering the same for ages now. I tried looking around for a while but couldnt' find anything. The problem is that most webpages and most people will recommend you record the "stereo mix", however whether the windows 7 PC even has a stereo mix thing is upto to the sound card that the PC/laptop has. So Tony The Tiger and I need another solution...
portoskt
i use camstudio, and it is pretty cool and easy to use
cybersa
It able to record sound from sound card.
Go to Mixer Settings and select Stereo MIx.