FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unable to see files after domain name screw-up

surdy
Hi

So, I had configured a top level domain for my frihost site. I was planning to move my site elsewhere, so i removed my domain name from the frihost site using the cpanel. I though I would be able to access the site using the frihost subdomain. But after removing the top level domain from here i noticed I could not access the site (or cpanel) here with sub-domain.
Apparently I might have removed the sub-domain and forgotten about it. Anyways the admins were kind enough to help me out with that and they restored my subdomain access.

But when I accessed the site using cpanel all the files I had on the hosting were gone ,except the databases. From what I understand removing the domain name from the hosting should not have any impact on the files. In a desperate attempt I even restored the top level domain to the site to see if that lets me access files, but it did not.

I may have been stupid with removing both domain names but I am positive i did not delete the files.

Can someone help me out with this ?
surdy
can someone please help ?
IceCreamTruck
surdy wrote:
can someone please help ?

I wish I could, but I am curious if you can access the old site via web link. Sounds like you are looking in FTP and they aren't there, but I am curious if restoring the domain also restored access to the files over the web. If both are broken then there isn't much we can figure out without an admin!

If no one responds, then notify Bondings. He'll be interested in your problem, and can possibly dispatch someone to assist you.
surdy
Thanks for the response

I tried FTP as well as weblink and files browser on cpanel. All files are gone all i have left is DBs for my wordpress

Restoring the domain only restored the access to cpanel, i could not access the files.

I would contact Bondings if nothing works.
IceCreamTruck
surdy wrote:
Thanks for the response

I tried FTP as well as weblink and files browser on cpanel. All files are gone all i have left is DBs for my wordpress

Restoring the domain only restored the access to cpanel, i could not access the files.

I would contact Bondings if nothing works.

Send him a PM right away as I know he will help you but it still might take a little while to figure out what happened especially since they generally leave our accounts alone, and they won't remember what was there like you do. I'm sure they've got means to help you.

May I recommend going and doing what you can accomplish, and that's a DB backup. Download the DBs to your system so at least you have them, and so that restoring your files doesn't somehow prevent you from using the DBs. I don't know, but better be safe than sorry.

PM Bondings right away, and then go see if you can download your databases for backups
xpresshred
surdy wrote:
Hi

So, I had configured a top level domain for my frihost site. I was planning to move my site elsewhere, so i removed my domain name from the frihost site using the cpanel. I though I would be able to access the site using the frihost subdomain. But after removing the top level domain from here i noticed I could not access the site (or cpanel) here with sub-domain.
Apparently I might have removed the sub-domain and forgotten about it. Anyways the admins were kind enough to help me out with that and they restored my subdomain access.

But when I accessed the site using cpanel all the files I had on the hosting were gone ,except the databases. From what I understand removing the domain name from the hosting should not have any impact on the files. In a desperate attempt I even restored the top level domain to the site to see if that lets me access files, but it did not.

I may have been stupid with removing both domain names but I am positive i did not delete the files.

Can someone help me out with this ?

Hi,thanks for sharing the information here but i'm also facing the same problem here...
surdy
I PMed Bondings but no replies yet. I will leet you know if get something