FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm back!!!!

deanhills
Ha! I've always marvelled at our dear and departed friend Max when he would post a thread in the General Chat forum "I'm back". Now that was always a neat thread. Think everyone should do that if they've been gone for a while. For me it felt like an ETERNITY since my last post! I sort of banned myself and I must say it is great to be back. Just imagine, looks as though I will be part of our 1-million celebration posts after all.

I'm having a nice double scotch with plenty of ice and soda to celebrate this occasion. I never have a drink on my own, but tonight I don't feel I'm having the drink on my own. And have a really solid reason for celebrating.

AND I'm so glad I can join IceCreamTrucks brand-new thread "Please Hijack this Topic". What a brilliant topic that is, ahhhhhh it's GOOD to be back at Frihost. Glad to be HOME! Dancing
Ankhanu
Welcome back, dean.
saratdear
So happy to see you back! I'm glad you changed your decision. Very Happy

You'd better change your thread in the 'request an account change' forum, though. I suppose you don't want your hosting removed now?
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
Welcome back, dean.
Thanks Ankhanu! It really feels good to be back. Very Happy
missdixy
Welcome back! I can't believe that before this you've never had a drink alone!! I do it all the time -- haha ok, that sounds kind of sad but actually it's quite relaxing. I enjoy having a drink now and then when I'm just at home relaxing, or a nice big class of wine Very Happy
standready
welcome back, Dean. I thought something was missing around here. Just could not put my mouse on what it was!
truespeed
Welcome back dean,frihost would of taken at least another 2 years to reach the million mark without you. Smile

That number is small compared to digitalspy though, which has just reached 50 million posts.
saratdear
truespeed wrote:
That number is small compared to digitalspy though, which has just reached 50 million posts.

Some forums there have more than a million by themselves. Shocked
deanhills
missdixy wrote:
Welcome back! I can't believe that before this you've never had a drink alone!! I do it all the time -- haha ok, that sounds kind of sad but actually it's quite relaxing. I enjoy having a drink now and then when I'm just at home relaxing, or a nice big class of wine Very Happy
That drink was awesome! And it really was relaxing. I think I should do the same and make it now and then, particularly on the days when I'm posting in the Phil&Rel Forum. Twisted Evil
standready wrote:
welcome back, Dean. I thought something was missing around here. Just could not put my mouse on what it was!
Thanks! Can just imagine. No spam posts! Very Happy Nice to see the familiar "faces" again. Great to be back.
truespeed wrote:
Welcome back dean,frihost would of taken at least another 2 years to reach the million mark without you. Smile
Yeah right ..... Twisted Evil

Truespeed wrote:
This is interesting. How do you think they did it? Are the Forums connected to big business like the big banks on a link basis? Question
truespeed
deanhills wrote:
This is interesting. How do you think they did it? Are the Forums connected to big business like the big banks on a link basis? Question

I think they became successful on the back of a TV programme called big brother,big brother launched 11 years ago,so it can't be coincidental that that is when digitalspy launched,the big brother forums now have nearly 12 million posts alone.
IceCreamTruck
Some might argue that digitalspy is a more trendy name than frihost, but I wouldn't like all the "trendy" folks trying to post here, as I think frihost is built on a stronger foundation then many of the super large forums/communities. Plus, just because you have a spam problem doesn't mean you also have active forums, and frihost is plenty active even though we don't have 50 million posts yet.

We're all waiting for you to post the other 49 million, Dean! Glad you are back... where'd you go? I am super glad you haven't banned yourself because I love it when you post on my threads and especially when you hijack my "hijack this" thread! Smile

One thing about that thread is it has been interesting to see which topics catch on, and which topics are basically failed attempts to hijack. The experiment has very interesting results! Smile

Wouldn't be the same without you!
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I think they became successful on the back of a TV programme called big brother,big brother launched 11 years ago,so it can't be coincidental that that is when digitalspy launched,the big brother forums now have nearly 12 million posts alone.
Wow! So that is one way of doing it, although I guess one million once in a long while can be more meaningful than 12 million, unless one wants to get to a trillion. Twisted Evil
IceCreamTruck wrote:
We're all waiting for you to post the other 49 million, Dean! Glad you are back... where'd you go? I am super glad you haven't banned yourself because I love it when you post on my threads and especially when you hijack my "hijack this" thread! Smile
Thanks ICT ....
IceCreamTruck

LOL again!
LittleBlackKitten
That didn't take long at all - thank God!

I really would have missed you and your input and wisdom. Very Happy Good to have you back.
deanhills
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
That didn't take long at all - thank God!

I really would have missed you and your input and wisdom. Very Happy Good to have you back.
Thx LBK. Dun'oh about the wisdom, but it's great to be back .... Dancing
Blaster
After a while the internet doesn't become fun anymore... Its been a while since i've been here myself.... I guess I have to up my points
Insanity
Cheers, mate. Always good to see another old face here.
deanhills
Insanity wrote:
Cheers, mate. Always good to see another old face here.
Thanks insanity. You must be one of the first who joined Frihost in 2005? My 3-year Birthday at Frihost is coming up on 25 May.

Blaster wrote:
After a while the internet doesn't become fun anymore... Its been a while since i've been here myself.... I guess I have to up my points
Wonderful to see you back Blaster. You've probably noticed we are inching closer to the million mark postings? Dancing
IceCreamTruck
Blaster wrote:

Welcome back! We're trying to make the interwebs more enjoyable! Smile
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Right, thanks to ICT we now have a thread where we can hijack a hijack thread to our hearts content. Sort of give a whole new meaning to hijacking ..... Twisted Evil
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Right, thanks to ICT we now have a thread where we can hijack a hijack thread to our hearts content. Sort of give a whole new meaning to hijacking ..... Twisted Evil

It was kinda a good idea, cause lots of people are posting on it, and so lots of people get the updates. Just don't mention religion! Smile
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Just don't mention religion! Smile
Now there's a great idea ..... Razz .... just kidding .... Twisted Evil
achowles
I think that my last reply was to you. So I've been gone about a fortnight longer. Oh well. Kinda back now. For a bit at least.

Oh wait, yeah, there was that one post...
deanhills
achowles wrote:
I think that my last reply was to you. So I've been gone about a fortnight longer. Oh well. Kinda back now. For a bit at least.

Wow, you must have a good memory to remember that one post. Great you are back. Very Happy
achowles
deanhills wrote:
achowles wrote:

Wow, you must have a good memory to remember that one post. Great you are back. Very Happy

Well actually I noticed that one post when browsing around just now. Totally forgot about it. It was one of the last comments in the faith forums... some 10 days ago. It seems that people find my lack of faith disturbing.
IceCreamTruck
achowles wrote:
deanhills wrote:
achowles wrote:

Well actually I noticed that one post when browsing around just now. Totally forgot about it. It was one of the last comments in the faith forums... some 10 days ago. It seems that people find my lack of faith disturbing.

I find your inability to accept ludacris stories about reality heart warming. I had a discussion the other day with someone who couldn't imagine hope without god. I can't, however, imagine hope with god, so it was a stale mate, but I stick with my story that everything has infinite more value if we aren't just god's toys.

In short: you are not alone.
deanhills
achowles wrote:
I always got the notion that when people get disturbed, it does not sidetrack you? You're great with ignoring the emotional responses and sticking with the rational. That is admirable and a great act to follow. Reminds me a little of Bondings' style of posting, except I rarely see him posting in the Phil&Rel Forum. Which is strange, as I just have this feeling that he has some very solid views on subjects of philosophy and religion and we have been missing out on them. Twisted Evil
menino
Welcome back deanhills, and am glad that your at home, and posting from there.

I also don't drink alone, but a handful of times, I have.
Its no fun drinking alone, but sometimes when I do, and I get a bit buzzed, I get to sometimes play the guitar and come out with some new tunes, or think to myself, and my mind expands a bit.

It is great to see your posts and comments here.
deanhills
menino wrote:
I get to sometimes play the guitar and come out with some new tunes, or think to myself, and my mind expands a bit.
That sounds pretty awesome to me. Think I should do some of that as well. I've been thinking of getting myself one of those small desktop electric pianos and see how I do with putting tunes together, maybe now's the time to do it! Very Happy
alvarorojas4
Welcome back Very Happy
deanhills
alvarorojas4 wrote:
Welcome back Very Happy
Thanks! I love your Avatar. What's the guy doing, and is it someone we know? Very Happy
saratdear
deanhills wrote:
alvarorojas4 wrote:
Welcome back Very Happy
Thanks! I love your Avatar. What's the guy doing, and is it someone we know? Very Happy

Only when you mentioned it I looked at it properly. Smile Isn't it Ron Weasley? I mean Rupert Grint. Looks like a scene from Goblet of Fire to me.
deanhills
saratdear wrote:
Only when you mentioned it I looked at it properly. Smile Isn't it Ron Weasley? I mean Rupert Grint. Looks like a scene from Goblet of Fire to me.
I checked it up and you were right. I'm not that familiar with the Harry Potter series, I don't know what it is, but I've always avoided them for probably an irrational reason. Perhaps I should look at the Harry Potter shows featuring Rupert Grint. Very Happy
saratdear
deanhills wrote:
saratdear wrote:
I checked it up and you were right. I'm not that familiar with the Harry Potter series, I don't know what it is, but I've always avoided them for probably an irrational reason. Perhaps I should look at the Harry Potter shows featuring Rupert Grint. Very Happy

You should check them out. Some like it, some hate it with a passion. Smile I started watching the movies because I've read the books.