FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cloud Storage Services

chartcentral
Hi guys, I'm curious to know:

Which cloud storage services are you using?
And do you have a free or premium account?

We have Google Docs, Ubuntu One and Dropbox to name a few.

As for me, I currently use both Google Docs and Dropbox. The former for files that don't need to be always updated. The latter for files that need to be synchronized as much as possible. I just installed the Dropbox software on my computer, it just simply works and that's what I like about it.

I've tried Ubuntu One but it has synchronization issues on Windows (perhaps because their Windows client is still in Beta) and it's currently not so reliable.

And yup, in all those I mentioned, I have free accounts. 2 GB is quite enough storage (plus there are also ways to get more storage space on Dropbox without paying).
soprafazertestes
I'm using SugarSync, it is very flexible, easy to use, 5GB free, mutiplataforms(mobile and Desktop)...
SultanMA
Dropbox is the best. but if u want to try other reliable one, box.com is good one too.
robertoilidio
Between SugarSync, MozyHome, Dropbox, box.net, Mobileme and Carbonite, which one is the best option?

SugarSync offers the biggest size (5Gb against 2Gb from Dropbox). But are there something else to think about to take the right choice?
IceCreamTruck
Drop box as well coupled with gmail, and google documents
silverdown
Thanks for sharing, I am going to check out a few menitoned services above Smile!
chartcentral
robertoilidio wrote:
SugarSync offers the biggest size (5Gb against 2Gb from Dropbox). But are there something else to think about to take the right choice?

Aside from storage space, you would also have to consider how stable and reliable the service is, the speed of synchronization, and the security and protection of your files.
menino
silverdown wrote:
Thanks for sharing, I am going to check out a few menitoned services above Smile!

Thanks also, I'm also going to check them out.

If you use hotmail services, you do get the skydrive feature right?
Main advantage of it, is that you can edit your office documents online itself.
mikelll
microsoft skydrive with 25 gigs!

thebest !
PGe-tips
mikelll wrote:
microsoft skydrive with 25 gigs!

thebest !

Microsoft wouldn't be Microsoft ... so where is the catch ?
Does anyone who registers, gets 25 GB for free ?
How does it work ? how safe is it ...

I use dropbox but indeed the free version has very low limit ...
Can Skydrive be compared to dropbox ?
chartcentral
PGe-tips wrote:
Microsoft wouldn't be Microsoft ... so where is the catch ?
Does anyone who registers, gets 25 GB for free ?
How does it work ? how safe is it ...

I use dropbox but indeed the free version has very low limit ...
Can Skydrive be compared to dropbox ?

There seems to be no catch. So you can use the service if you're comfortable enough with Microsoft as your data store (not sure about privacy policy but I'm not really sold to the idea that they could raid your files if they really want to). For synchronization matters, there is Windows Live Mesh which is limited to a 5 GB capacity. Since I'm not using it, I'm not sure if this 5 GB is counted within the 25 GB of Skydrive, or if it would total to a 30 GB storage. Maybe others out there could help us out. Smile
soprafazertestes
robertoilidio wrote:
Between SugarSync, MozyHome, Dropbox, box.net, Mobileme and Carbonite, which one is the best option?

In my opinion SugarSync you have, more space, multi OS(desktop, mobile), easy to use, choice folders to synchronize, get public any file....
portoskt
i dont know any benefits of cloud software systems, can someone tell me more about that
dan751
portoskt wrote:
i dont know any benefits of cloud software systems, can someone tell me more about that

Online file storage that you can access from anywhere in the world. Wink
Imagine, being able to access your entire music library across the globe.
Online back up, restore those important documents to your new computer if your old one blew up? All without needing an external hard drive. Wink

Personally, I stick with an external hard drive. But occasionally I use a service called fileupyours.com. It IS real, and though it's capacity isn't as large as Google Docs, Skydrive, iCloud and the like, does the job for me. Very Happy
cybersa
I think we can't believe the file hosting completely.
Because new file hosting coming daily and some of them are dead.
SO choose the best File hosting.