FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I want to know if forum back links are helpful or not

MakiaSKP
Please share your view about forum link building.

If you use for doing link building then what kind of forums are good for this purposes?
Bondings
If the links are not part of a spam-type post (like completely off-topic and the same post on several places) and the forum is not heavily spammed, then yes they have some value especially if the aren't nofollowed.

You get visitors clicking on the link and the search engines give it some value if it isn't nofollowed. For both things it is important that the page/post stays up for a long time.
alexter
Yes they are useful if selected right kind of forum with right way of participation and with right way of linking will give you right to get some value.

But they do carry very low value. But the beneficial part is the you can target your keywords.
GoldenEagle
I have had a decent amount of success with my altered art magic gallery and backlinking, though most of the positive traffic seems to be coming from other visitors posting links to my site.

The most successful forums for my site were directly related to the topic of my site.
prcys
Forum backlinks are definitely very helpful if you have provide your best and if you regular at forum. Then links come from the forum are the best one.
jcreus
prcys wrote:
Forum backlinks are definitely very helpful if you have provide your best and if you regular at forum. Then links come from the forum are the best one.

I disagree, forum post links aren't always good.

If a search engine detects signature links, it'll probably ignore them (plus Frihost has rel="nofollow", for example). And forum links possibly do not have the same value as a website link. IMHO, forums are pretty easy to spam with links.
prcys
I did not say that forum backlinks are always good. I said that they are definitely good. It means they are of course helpful. Some dofollow backlinks are helpful. It is not right that they are not helpful. Ya it is right that some forum with links are sometime not useful but all forum backlinks are not good then this is wrong.